Daz Studio 4.5 Pro Won't Open :(

joribenjoriben Posts: 0

Trying to install Daz Studio 4.5.1.6 and I've been trying to do everything that is suggested on this forum but I can seem to make the software work. It just stays on the process but doesn't open at all.

This is really frustrating :(

Post edited by joriben on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Does your PC meet the required specification's to run DS4.5.1.6?

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Isn´t your antivirus software blocking it? Mine did that when I tried to install DAZ, so I had to turn it off before installing.

• joribenjoriben Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

@jaderail here is my specs

it is not that strong but I guess it is enough to run the software. I've been using Daz Studio 4.0 pro on a more weaker machine and I have no problems running it there. Then I switched to this machine and decided to go back using Daz Studio Pro and I just found out that a new version is already available (4.5). So I tried it. I've been trying since Friday night and looking for several ways of resolving it but I failed.

@Proxima shining

I don't have an anti-virus but I have zone alarm. I also tried that technique. I disabled it before installing and running it.. To no avail it still doesn't work. I also read somewhere here that I maybe having corrupted downloads. But I already downloaded it four times and the software still don't work.

BTW if it matters, I'm using WINDOWS 7 HOME BASIC now. Is Daz Studio 4.5 tested on this version of Windows?

Post edited by joriben on
    edited December 1969

UPDATE:

I already uninstalled my firewall. So my laptop don't have any firewall or Anti-virus running. but the problem stays. :(

edited December 1969

Does your PC meet the Minimum Specs listed on this page?

http://www.daz3d.com/products/daz-studio/daz-studio-tech-specs/

edited December 1969

i believe so, except that my laptop don't support opengl

here's my spec http://i.imgur.com/n0D5N.jpg

do daz studio 4.5 strictly follows this. because I remember that even without openGL, I can still run Daz Studio 4.0

edited December 1969

OpenGL runs the View port, I have no idea how you ran it without OpenGL that met the minimum before.

edited December 1969

That is what i can't understand. And i can really make some good renders.

edited December 1969

You got me, I'm stumped.

edited December 1969

Thanks. I appreciate your effort.

I just hope anyone out there can help.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

Try this: http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.php

It will tell you what version of OpenGL your card supports and whether there is an updated driver.

edited December 1969

@fixmypcmike

the app won't work. i always get an error.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

joriben said:
    @fixmypcmike

the app won't work. i always get an error.

What error are you getting?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

You have an Intel Graphics...by default OpenGL is flaky, at best. Try to find the latest video drivers for your chipset...from Intel or the laptop manufacturer (try the laptop manufacturer, first).

• edited December 1969

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. All system requirements are met, I am running Radeon ATI video card with support of OpenGL 3.3, DirectX 9.0, latest video drivers, etc. However, when I try opening freshly installed copy of DAZ Studio 4.6, it gives me an error that it requires OpenGL version 1.3. Too bad I've upgraded my 3.1.2. version as it used to work just fine. :(

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

Does your system have two video chipsets - one Intel, one AMD? if it does it may be that you need to tell the OS to use the AMD chips instead of the Intel for DS 4.

• edited December 1969

Thank you, Richard, that actually worked! Surprised it did not pick correct chip right away... but now it works. Thanks again! :)