Disappearing surfaces

pyropetepyropete Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

In DS 4.5, i'm in the process of trying to learn the 'Surfaces' tab but sometimes find that when i reload a simple shader, that sometimes some of the propertiess (bricks) are missing, even though all properties had been saved.

for example, the 'Bump' property is no-longer available.

is there a way to re-add such a property ?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Which shader? The default?

Not all items are in all shaders...and sometimes, 0 value items aren't saved or are saved as hidden items (not sure if that's a bug or a feature), but if you click on the little icon in the upper right corner of the Surfaces tab (looks like a sheet of lined paper) and click 'show hidden' do the missing ones show up?

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited October 2012

Ah, yes, a not really useful for production feature, I'm afraid. :-S
    You have to click on the body-part, e.g. 1_SkinFace and expand it by clicking on the arrow next to it and adjust the property. You can multiselect the same property for a few surfaces provided you get to expanding them all, or repeatedly scroll up and down, so you can modify say, the diffuse colour (typical property that disappears) on them.
    Personally, I go back to Shader Mixer modify the shader and multiapply it, much faster.

Post edited by ReDave on
  • pyropetepyropete Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Which shader? The default?

Not all items are in all shaders...and sometimes, 0 value items aren't saved or are saved as hidden items (not sure if that's a bug or a feature), but if you click on the little icon in the upper right corner of the Surfaces tab (looks like a sheet of lined paper) and click 'show hidden' do the missing ones show up?

the propertie i was looking for was 'bump' & that one remained missing

i had started with a new primitive with (sphere) its own default map

• pyropetepyropete Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ReDave said:

Personally, I go back to Shader Mixer modify the shader and multiapply it, much faster.

i had tried importing the surface into shader mixer though i still couldn't find a way to add a 'bump' parameter