Brow Remover (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,050
    edited August 2019

Can you look at Face material under surfaces tab and tell me what channel map has the Brow Details on?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • DSGN OverlordDSGN Overlord Posts: 30
    edited October 2020

Hey Zev0, I am running into the same issues as others, I have issues with models I am using, the overall face gets much darker and I am not sure what is causing this. Take a look. I loaded the base maps and ran the script and it runs dark on my model.

If the product is not functioning adequately on all maps there is no use for me to have it and gonna ask for a refund. BTW it only works on the base model material subset, it won't work on any other map that I have tested. It always creates a darker rendition. I checked the gamma and the other settings, there is nothing out of order and the amount of tweaking is not worth the effort of running this. It is a shame it would have been invaluable as a tool.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,492
    edited October 2020

Hey Zev0, I am running into the same issues as others, I have issues with models I am using, the overall face gets much darker and I am not sure what is causing this. Take a look. I loaded the base maps and ran the script and it runs dark on my model.

If the product is not functioning adequately on all maps there is no use for me to have it and gonna ask for a refund. BTW it only works on the base model material subset, it won't work on any other map that I have tested. It always creates a darker rendition. I checked the gamma and the other settings, there is nothing out of order and the amount of tweaking is not worth the effort of running this. It is a shame it would have been invaluable as a tool.

Did you save a browless materials preset from within the script before closing it? That has solved the dark face for many of us. Scroll back in the thread a little way to see the discussion about it.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • leo04leo04 Posts: 322
    edited November 2019

I got my answer.

Post edited by leo04 on

Yes. The latest version works with G8.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Thanks for the advice. I was having the same issue with a couple of my models.

• airunairun Posts: 25

I'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.4, while I'm able to get everything to work, when I restart Daz and return to my model, it is unable to find several files, despite me saving it as a material preset. The files it mentions are:

runtime/textures/daz/characters/genesis8/malebase/g8mbasefacemapb01_1001_dszvbrowremover.jpg
    runtime/textures/daz/characters/genesis8/malebase/g8mbasefacemapd01_1001_dszvbrowremover.jpg
    runtime/textures/daz/characters/genesis8/malebase/g8mbasefacemaps01_1001_dszvbrowremover.jpg
    runtime/textures/daz/characters/genesis8/malebase/g8mbasefacemapsss_1001_dszvbrowremover.jpg

This will happen with /femalebase/ as well. I'm attaching a video to show everything I'm doing. Am I doing something wrong? I've tried restarting, uninstalling, reinstalling, but other than that, I don't really know what to do. If I navigate to the above folder, I am able to remap the files, because they still exist, but its a hassle to do it every single time.

I uploaded a video of my entire process to show what I'm doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxcccLfn930

edited June 2020

Change the path for New Browless textures to a none cloud folder and tell me if that works. Eg outside of connect.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • airunairun Posts: 25
    Zev0 said:

Change the path for New Browless textures to a none cloud folder and tell me if that works. Eg outside of connect

Perfect! That worked. Thanks for the quick reply. I actually did not even notice that New Browless path above was capable of being modified. Keep making great stuff.

Sweet. Glad that worked.yes

• Hi Zev0,

Thanks for still providing support. It's pretty rare and deserve a round of applaudes.

I was very happy to discover your Remover as I use tan on my characters, which makes the brows going unnaturally too dark.

I do this

1- G8F Character selected

2- Open Remover script > Select G3F > Show Mask

At this stage the whole face is white already

3-- Apply Remover : brows are remove but the face is still Joker type

5-Saving using the Remover.

6- Checking the runtime folder  : yellowed "brow removed " seems identical to initial :-(

7- Selecting Material present file "name_Nobrows", loading it...

8-  Result : white face with brows..

I understand there is something I'm doing stupidely wrong...any help would be welcomed !

This is the result I'm having : a pale jokertype face :-)

What am I doing wrong ??00

00.jpg
    527 x 736 - 74K
    01.jpg
    1088 x 725 - 150K
    02.jpg
    495 x 677 - 73K
    03.jpg
    793 x 734 - 94K
    04.jpg
    1017 x 606 - 155K
    05.jpg
    614 x 798 - 65K
  • Works fine now : I had to re-start with a base G8f model, on which once brow removed and added I add shape and tan. Thanks Dev0.

edited July 2020

Glad it's resolved. If you use things like tanlines etc, it's best to use Brow Remover on the source skin before stuff like that is applied.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Hi Zev0
    I am using your brow remover and I am having the issue that when I close Daz and open it up again and then load a scene with the removed browes, daz cannot find some images. 
    Can you please tell me why this happens and how I can fix it?

Warm regards,
    Sebastian

daz brow remover.png
    535 x 430 - 76K
    edited August 2020

Hi. You need to save a Browless material preset then load that preset back onto the character if it is to stick. What studio is looking for in that screenshot is temp files. They are subject to being replaced unless you save a preset within the script which will write physical browless textures to that characters texture folder.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,272
    edited August 2020

Ah. That explains my problem with it. I applied it to a character. Worked fine. Saved the character as a scene. A few days later I tried to merge the scene into another, and the characters face was blank white. Not the whole character. Just the face. Same as above.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • endlesslovingendlessloving Posts: 71
    edited September 2020
    Zev0 said:

Hi. You need to save a Browless material preset then load that preset back onto the character if it is to stick. What studio is looking for in that screenshot is temp files. They are subject to being replaced unless you save a preset within the script which will write physical browless textures to that characters texture folder.

Thanks for your response, Zev0!
    Unfortunately this is not working for me. 
    I get the same error when I tried to load what I saved a material preset just 5 minutes ago. 

screenshot_647.png
    1610 x 812 - 586K
    screenshot_648.png
    313 x 112 - 3K
    Post edited by endlessloving on
    edited September 2020

What was the path for the the Browless Textures? Can I see a screenshot of the saving area of the script?? I want to see what path you have set.

Capture.JPG
    477 x 331 - 42K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • endlesslovingendlessloving Posts: 71
    edited September 2020
    Zev0 said:

What was the path for the the Browless Textures? Can I see a screenshot of the saving area of the script?? I want to see what path you have set.

Okay, so this was my mistake because I saved the "Material(s) preset" through the "Save as" in the general daz menu and I did not see the button in your custom interface. 
    Now I used the settings properly now and it works. 
    Thank you so much for your help!

Post edited by endlessloving on

Glad you're sorted!

• So much like the previous few users, I'm running into the "white face" issue.

I kinda get what I need to do to prevent it, but...how do I go about restoring the face to where it was?

I've only been using the base gen8 model, but I'm not sure what I need to do to get Daz to reload the gen8 skin without overwriting all of the face shaping I've already done.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

So much like the previous few users, I'm running into the "white face" issue.

I kinda get what I need to do to prevent it, but...how do I go about restoring the face to where it was?

I've only been using the base gen8 model, but I'm not sure what I need to do to get Daz to reload the gen8 skin without overwriting all of the face shaping I've already done.

The materials for the base G8F and G8M models are under Genesis 8 Starter Essentials.

Screenshot 2020-10-09 170427.jpg
    561 x 662 - 54K
  • Sevrin said:

So much like the previous few users, I'm running into the "white face" issue.

The materials for the base G8F and G8M models are under Genesis 8 Starter Essentials.

Thank you for the screenshot! Very helpful.

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

I am having a problem with the brow remover.

It used to work, but for months now, whenever I try using this script, it ends up with the face being black.

I made 2 screenshots for you.

The first one shows the face with the brow mask visible and the second one shows the result.

Brow remover mask shown.JPG
    1297 x 946 - 217K
    Result.JPG
    1260 x 1026 - 171K

Hi what character skin is that?

• so i'm having the white face problem when i load my characters toos. i already saved a lot of my characters. is there any way to get their textures back?

on the product store page, this image came first before the save your results image

https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/34387/i/02a-brow-remover-for-daz-studio-daz3d.jpg

so i saved all my characters before knowing you had to save their materials.

• ATLPRATLPR Posts: 147

Hmmm ... I just tried to scan the forum to determine if the brow remover works on a FACE TRANSFER???  I can't find a reference ... 

Does anyone know if this product works on a FACE TRANSFER?

Thank you

edited May 2021

Works on Face Transfer. Uses same UV maps.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • I haven't read through all the comments. But, the changes aren't saved when you save the figure as a scene subset. The face textures are left in the temp folder, and don't endure. So what's the secret to make it "permanent" for a saved figure?

Save as Material Preset within the script. That writes the files and moves it out of temp.