M5 genitalia in Poser

roland58roland58 Posts: 12

Hi,
Few days ago I was very happy to discover in the daz newsletter dsonimporter for poser. I bought it and M5 but I realized there is no genital in this pack, strange for me. Anyway, I decided to buy Michael 5 Pro Bundle because genitalia is included in this product. But when I go to content in poser library there is no genitalia folder! May I hope that this small problem will be solved?

Thx

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

I bought M5 before DSON came out so I don't know if a PCF installer is included for genitals.
    If installer is designed to go directly into Poser it will have "PCF" somewhere in file name, do you have any like that with bundle?

I just did an export of M5 components from DS because installers were not available at the time and the toast seems to work fine.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited December 1969

There is no PCF for the genitals, you have to make your own. But I think it's due to be updated, not sure when.

• Starfish42Starfish42 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I created my own when I discovered that (having paid substantial monies for the pro bundles) the gens hadn't been DSONed. The PCF file I created sort of works, but is by no means wonderful - the gens for M5 are not as good as the M4 gens. There is also no transparency layer, which is a significant retrograde step. You are better off using the M4 gens. I still haven't figured out why the female gens are done as they are - I would have thought that a simple morph would be far more straightforward.

The do-it-yourself companion file that we've created doesn't seem to convert the textures - since I prefer my people (male and female) to look natural, I have been trying to create my own materials from the textures supplied, but they don't look at all right - I am assuming this is because I haven't put them together properly. They don't work by default in Poser. I assume they work in Daz Studio. Creating textures for Genesis is going to be very tricky because of the inevitable seam line between the genitals and the rest of the body (I have seen this discussed at length in another thread and can only agree with the sentiments expressed).

Given this, and the other problems with Genesis in Poser (scaling, forced limits etc) - sorry, Daz, I can't see me spending more money on Genesis.

• roland58roland58 Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    Yesterday I have reset the M5 genitalia and M5 in my downloadable products. Now I have anatomy folder in my Poser content library. BUT, if I load M5 Hero and after genitalia it doesn't appears in the right place on the body . If I use Figure conform to genesis, genital is deformed ( as shows the picture). If I load M5 base, and use conform to genesis genital is placed correctly, but if I use morph or pose, I have the same distorsion wich I had with M5 hero. The solution I found is put the genital manualy and choose hip as parent but as Starfish42 said the result is not good at all. The transition between genital and body is bad. I m desapointed after buy M5 and buy again M5 bundle pro to have a so bad result.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

You have to use "Transfer morphs" in the DSON menu to add the morphs to the figure. The gens do not conform automatically.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461
    edited December 1969

Moved to Nuts n Bolts as that is the only part of the forums where images showing genitals are allowed, if absolutely needed to illustrate a technical issue.

edited December 1969

Very king of you to help me.

But the method is not clear for me. When you talk about DSON menu do you mean DSON support in Script menu and Transfer active Morphs? Nothing happend with that. And about which morphs you speak?

edited December 1969

Thx male media3

I found
    More precisely, the method is AFTER I used Conform To Genesis, I have to go to script menu and choose Tranfers Active Morphs.