Installing Taiga For Genesis

Jane721Jane721 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I have just purchased the Taiga For Genesis add-on, installed the meta data file fine, when installing the other file it said it had to be installed in the same location as Genesis/Evolution body/head morphs..found which I thought was the right location, but didn't work, also tried other places and still didn't install, please can someone tell me where exactly it should be installed?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

You want the folder that holds \Data\DAZ 3d\Genesis\Base\Genesis.dsf - usually \DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library in your documents folder.

• Jane721Jane721 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok, don't know if it's me being dumb or what, but the Genesis dsf file doesn't show up when you click on the file browse button during the installation process, it goes as far as the base and that's it, but I know it's where you say as I looked in my documents before I tried to install again. Tried clicking on just the base..nope!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

No, the data folder should be in the folder you install to. The \Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis... parts will be taken care of by the isntaller, your job is to tell it where the foldrs are (My Library or whatever).

edited October 2012

Ok, tried installing into My Library, where the data file is and it still won't install...sorry about this Richard, I'm usually ok with this sort of thing,,,but it's beaten me!

*ok, blushing like mad here, I forgot to install the Evolution head morphs that I purchased at the same time..it's installed fine now...so sorry* Slinking off to the naughty corner!

Post edited by Jane721 on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited October 2012

HI Jane721 :)

please can someone tell me where exactly it should be installed?

Q: Where have you installed the genesis starter essentials to,.. ?

As Richard says, it's Normally Users / MyDocuments / Daz3D / MyLibrary
    Daz Studio should create that folder when you install it,. and the Genesis Starter essentials should automatically be installed into the My Library folder,... Unless you specified some other location.

If you've installed all your content to a Different location EG: F:/ My Daz stuff,... then this add-on product would need to be installed there.

The product is looking for the genesis morphs, and if they're not in the location you're installing it to,., it won't install.

If you open Daz Studio,. then go to EDIT / Preferences .. then click on the Content library tab, ... then the content directory manager button. ... then open up the Daz Studio Formats list by clicking the little white arrow... so you can see the list of mapped locations...

if you can post a screen shot of that,. we can help more.

PIC to help

Content_manager.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 210K
    Post edited by 3DAGE on
    edited December 1969

Thank you..it wouldn't install because I hadn't installed the Evolution morphs that I purchased..it has installed fine now..my fault..don't ya just love newbies!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

LOL

As long a you've got it all going now,.. that's the main thing :)

We're all newbies at the beginning,. :)