Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD V for Victory

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Another good day for Scandinavian (SAS).....

...ah, ladies and gentlemen this is your captain. As we are in arrears on our rental agreement at the main terminal and have been summarily evicted, we will be deplaning in the grass at the end of the runway today. Please check to make sure you are wearing your most comfortable footwear before leaving the aircraft as it is a long walk to the terminal. For those passengers whom Helsinki is the final destination, you may claim your luggage on the side of the road outside the west perimeter fence in about an hour. For those of you connecting on to other SAS flights, please check with a passenger service representative as to which end of the field you to need to proceed to. If you are connecting to another carrier that is solvent enough to afford a gate at the main terminal, you are on your own.

For your personal safety, you are required to look both ways before crossing any taxiway, active runway or tarmac area. SAS will not, and cannot afford to, be held liable for any injury that may occur from incidents involving other aircraft that may be encountered on the field.

On behalf of the flight and cabin crew, we apologise for the inconvenience this may cause and thank you for choosing SAS, We look forward to serving you again provided we aren't liquidated or bought out by another airline.

Have a nice day.

ROTFLMAO! Great!! Just over the top GREAT!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,985
    edited December 1969

...one of my favourite films is the original Airplane!.

edited November 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    Really? It's taken from that? I loved it too, but that was a very long time ago for me (also when I was burning brain cell's daily). I first saw it at a Drive In.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

*giggles at KK*

That was great! :lol:

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,985
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Really? It's taken from that? I loved it too, but that was a very long time ago for me (also when I was burning brain cell's daily). I first saw it at a Drive In.
    ...more "inspired by".

Spent a lot of time flying in the days before everything turned to "cattle class". Still remember smoking on planes, Still remember getting served full meals in tourist (hence the 'T" designation in old the prop days) on "real" plates with "real" flatware and beverages served in "real" glasses (coffee in "real" cups). Nowadays, you're lucky if you get a bag of peanuts and a can of Coke. Even First class has lost it's luster (at least on domestic services in the US). Instead of quality it's the bottom line that drives things.

Technologically, air travel has come a long way but from this longtime passenger's viewpoint, it has taken a huge leap backwards.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

MFC_TurkeyAlternative.jpg
    550 x 400 - 43K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,147
    edited December 1969

I come in peace. Oops I mean happy thanksgiving!

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited November 2012

That was hysterical Kyoto Kid!

Post edited by ledhead on
  • IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,329
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I know all of us don't have cats so don't say this happened...

I have a cat, curls up on my knee when i'm at the PC, hasn't started to press keys yet..... ;)

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    I know its stupid but I want too wish everyone a Happy Halloween and hope you get to see my new animation I've been posted promos all over town because i got this film done so late.
    I hope you enjoy it.
    Now Playing On a youtube channel near you smile
    Black stone haunted castle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8-EE7fUAjY&feature=plcp

definitely enjoyed, thank yu :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ooh Ian are you going to go through almost a month of posts in the stupid thread, really, that is a pretty stupid thing to do.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...great,

Now I have to add exploding wieners to the bouncing bananas and dancing toast which are being menaced by tentacles.

...think I'll sleep with the light on tonight.

Flying toilets, ala Manic Miner style? :)

edited November 2012

*snip more wieners*

ignore this post, I boo boobed ;)

Post edited by IanTP on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Ooh Ian are you going to go through almost a month of posts in the stupid thread, really, that is a pretty stupid thing to do.

i thought so ;)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Don't call me 'Shirley' :)

That does date me, saw it first time round, and loved Police Squad too :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    tjohn said:
    *snip wienerosity*

*snip more wieners*

Y'guys are just awesome, you know that?

talk of snipping wieners makes me want to cover my crotch and run away ;)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I want one.

me too :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Now this is stupid. I had a phone call from Irleand yesterday. It's not the phone call that was stupid, just the news it gave me.

How can I be old enough to be a great grandmother....nah that is stupid, must be some sort of mistake.

Lol, well i've just turned great uncle this year :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    tjohn said:
    chohole said:
    Now this is stupid. I had a phone call from Irleand yesterday. It's not the phone call that was stupid, just the news it gave me.

How can I be old enough to be a great grandmother....nah that is stupid, must be some sort of mistake.

Girl or boy? Post pic ASAP.

Tis a little boy. Name is Lucas Stephen, I don't have any photo's yet. I may have to give in and join facebook so my Grandaughter can share photo's. Ugh. It's a problem when families are spread over different countries.

Congrats, and yes a nice old fashioned name, love it, as for facebook, its kinda fun, i just have family and close friends, so only about 50 in total, and it's locked down privacy wise, well as much as you can with facebook!

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Whee, look at Ianz' little green squares. Three of 'em. Way to go!

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Another good day for Scandinavian (SAS).....

...ah, ladies and gentlemen this is your captain. As we are in arrears on our rental agreement at the main terminal and have been summarily evicted, we will be deplaning in the grass at the end of the runway today. Please check to make sure you are wearing your most comfortable footwear before leaving the aircraft as it is a long walk to the terminal. For those passengers whom Helsinki is the final destination, you may claim your luggage on the side of the road outside the west perimeter fence in about an hour. For those of you connecting on to other SAS flights, please check with a passenger service representative as to which end of the field you to need to proceed to. If you are connecting to another carrier that is solvent enough to afford a gate at the main terminal, you are on your own.

For your personal safety, you are required to look both ways before crossing any taxiway, active runway or tarmac area. SAS will not, and cannot afford to, be held liable for any injury that may occur from incidents involving other aircraft that may be encountered on the field.

On behalf of the flight and cabin crew, we apologise for the inconvenience this may cause and thank you for choosing SAS, We look forward to serving you again provided we aren't liquidated or bought out by another airline.

Have a nice day.

Serious LOLz!! :lol:

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Whee, look at Ianz' little green squares. Three of 'em. Way to go!

cheers, not long now for you to get another little green box :D

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,078
    edited December 1969

No more turkey for me, thanks...

DSC01441.JPG
    520 x 418 - 228K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

cats do love turkey

lolcat_turkey.jpg
    500 x 388 - 55K
    edited December 1969

I could have swore that over half of this was still in the fridge when I went to bed!!

half-eaten-turkey2.jpg
    800 x 536 - 40K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I could have swore that over half of this was still in the fridge when I went to bed!!

chuckles. midnight feast? :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    No more turkey for me, thanks...

Adorable!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,108
    edited December 1969

dogs are stupid

61415_472759042766766_1451783967_n.jpeg
    450 x 555 - 37K
    edited December 1969

dogs are stupid

Some dogs will bark at a leaf or even their own shadow.
    edited December 1969

We had a little chocolate brown tea cup chihuahua as a guest yesterday. She was so cute I wanted to put her in my pocket and keep her. Would have worked very well. My cats all looked at it and Laughed, "That's not a DOG!!"

This discussion has been closed.