Bryce-to-Daz question

YShamanYShaman Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hello, I am new here, and I am wondering how to import my Bryce file into Daz Studio Pro 4.5? I have tried the bridge tool that is in Bryce, but it just opens a new scene in Daz with a blank model. Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 501
    edited December 1969

As far as I know, the bridge is meant for transferring content (figures, etc.) from studio to bryce not transferring from bryce to studio. In bryce you could always export the object(s) you are trying to transfer as a wavefront obj and then import it in studio.

• YShamanYShaman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok, thanks. I found out that it does let me transfer into studio, but i get crashes when I get to the buildings. Also how do i export into wavefront?

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

YShaman said:
    Ok, thanks. I found out that it does let me transfer into studio, but i get crashes when I get to the buildings. Also how do i export into wavefront?

Select what you want to export (if it's a whole scene you might have to group everything together first) then click where it says file near the top of your Bryce window and select the option "Export Object" a dialog box opens that lets you specify where to export to, name your file and specify what format. The default format is 3DS but there is a drop down menu within that dialog box that lets you choose from a wide variety of formates, one of which is wavefront .obj. Once you have everything specified the way you want click the save button in the dialog box and that's it.

• weibinxweibinx Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

i think u can try the collada format

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I've found I can send a bryce object into Daz through the bridge, but I have to run Bryce as Administrator first, I don't need to do this when going from Daz to Bryce.

For reference
    Windows 7 64bit OS