Forum Images not displaying

2»

Comments

• HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 473
    edited December 1969

Seems consistent. I had updated my desktop to 2013 due to an issue with 2012 not updating correctly (it kept stalling at 86%), and since I usually upgrade around this time of year anyways, I just bit the bullet a few weeks early. Need to get the laptop updated soon, too. :P Thanks for the info, Anikad!

• MadaMada Posts: 1,939
    edited December 1969

Upgrading to Kaspersky 2013 fixed the problem, thanks for the help :)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,349
    edited December 1969

Wonderful news! I'm running Kaspersky 2012 too - presumably the "dodgy" automatic update that caused this explains why it happened so suddenly (one day I could see pictures, the next I couldn't).
    As a temporary measure I added the forums to the Kaspersky white-list and found this worked just fine. Now I'll go ahead and update to 2013 if everyone finds it works OK.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Well, at least for some, the 'nannyware'/security software interference is the answer.

The sudden onset, happening only on a specific site (or possibly sites with the same software) and the images breaking partway through loading (with an unspecified) error all indicate an infection, a bad update or a 'security' measure going 'overboard'. Similar things used to happen all the time with various firewall apps (ZoneAlarm was particularly bad with this kind of thing).

In general, if it is not extremely widespread and not easily repeatable on other machines, it's most likely a problem on the individual affected computers, as opposed to a site or server problem.

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Not sure what changed, but I was having this problem too, thought it was my PC. Anyhow, today, I tried looking at some of the render threads and it's working fine again. I do have Kapersky, but hadn't done anything to it. Not sure if the folks at Kapersky did something, or DAZ, but I can see pictures here again.

• SWAMSWAM Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

I had the same problem. Using Firefox and Kaspersky 2012 and additional NoScript and AdBlocker.
    Here my solution:
    open Kaspersky - settings - web - exceptions
    and add
    daz3d.com
    save

Reload the site and all should work like it does for me now :-)
    Hope that helps

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

SWAM said:
    I had the same problem. Using Firefox and Kaspersky 2012 and additional NoScript and AdBlocker.
    Here my solution:
    open Kaspersky - settings - web - exceptions
    and add
    daz3d.com
    save

Reload the site and all should work like it does for me now :-)
    Hope that helps

If that doesn't add dloudflare.com, too.