Can't find purchased content in Daz Studio 4.5

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I downloaded the free version along with Genesis for Daz Studio 4.5

I can't find any of my purchased content (Morphing Python and Cold Blooded) in their folders. I can find the folders themselves.... but when I open the folder through Daz Studio 4.5, nothing is there. But when I go back to my folder through the actual location on my computer (with Daz closed) the content shows up.

What can be going wrong?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

dmpsix said:

I can't find any of my purchased content (Morphing Python and Cold Blooded) in their folders. I can find the folders themselves.... but when I open the folder through Daz Studio 4.5, nothing is there. But when I go back to my folder through the actual location on my computer (with Daz closed) the content shows up.

What can be going wrong?

Where are you looking for the content? Are you using Smart Content?

If so, the Morphing Python is an older item, and it probably does not have Metadata which is needed to display it in the Smart Content tab. Go to the Content Library tab, and then Poser Formats > My Library > Figures, and see if it appears there.

• edited December 1969

dmpsix said:

What can be going wrong?

Where are you looking for the content? Are you using Smart Content?

If so, the Morphing Python is an older item, and it probably does not have Metadata which is needed to display it in the Smart Content tab. Go to the Content Library tab, and then Poser Formats > My Library > Figures, and see if it appears there.

Under the Poser Formats tab nothing shows up when I lift click it. I right clicked it and it gave me the following options

"Add a Runtime Directory"
    "Remove all Runtime Directories"
    "Refresh"

What version of Daz Studio would what I'm looking for work best with this?

edited December 1969

It should work in any version of DS.

Where did you install it to? Did you install to the default Studio\My Library folder? What is the exact path to the items that you say you can see in the folders, but DS does not see?

You have discovered that you can add a runtime folder in the Content Library tab, but the path that you give, should be the folder which 'holds' the runtime folder, and not the runtime folder itself. In other words, the path to the My Library folder, and not the runtime folder that it contains.

• edited December 1969

It should work in any version of DS.

Where did you install it to? Did you install to the default Studio\My Library folder? What is the exact path to the items that you say you can see in the folders, but DS does not see?

You have discovered that you can add a runtime folder in the Content Library tab, but the path that you give, should be the folder which 'holds' the runtime folder, and not the runtime folder itself. In other words, the path to the My Library folder, and not the runtime folder that it contains.

Okay well I've managed to get my "Cold Blooded" content into that Content Library you mentioned. However nothing is loading, I'm sure it's because they're only skins and poses, but after trying to extract my Morphing Python content into the same folder I did my Cold Blooded pack, it doesn't show up in the Content Library.

But yes, I did add the Cold Blooded's runtime folder into the Content Library Tab setup...thing and it worked, now I just need the actual Morphing Python itself.

edited December 1969

Where did you install the Morphing Python to?

When installing the MP, make sure that the install path ends with the My Library foklder, and not any sub-folder of it. In other words, do NOT install to My Library\runtime, or My Library\content, but just to the My Library folder itself. The installer knows where to install everything from there.

Yes, Cold Blooded is only a morphs and texture set for the Morphing Python. They should both be installed to the same place.

• edited December 1969

Where did you install the Morphing Python to?

When installing the MP, make sure that the install path ends with the My Library foklder, and not any sub-folder of it. In other words, do NOT install to My Library\runtime, or My Library\content, but just to the My Library folder itself. The installer knows where to install everything from there.

Yes, Cold Blooded is only a morphs and texture set for the Morphing Python. They should both be installed to the same place.

Whew... I've figured it all out! I really appreciate everything to say the least. I finally found all my content and added the proper file paths to the Poser Formats so everything is where it should be!

One quick question, does what I just did apply to everything I download? Including scenery and characters?

edited December 1969

Yes, if you are using the default location for installing content, which is the My Library folder, then EVERYTHING should be installed there, DAZ Studio content and Poser Format content.

In the Content Library tab, there are two places to look for content, DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats. Most older content prior to Genesis is in Poser Format, that includes figures like V4 and M4 etc etc.

Just look at the path which the installer is showing you before clicking on the OK button. If it does not end with the My Library folder, then change it to the correct path. If you have other Poser runtime folders on your system, then you can list them the same way, and their contents will appear in DS

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Just look at the path which the installer is showing you before clicking on the OK button. If it does not end with the My Library folder, then change it to the correct path.

Just to note, this is vitally important if you're new to DAZ|Studio, and so not sure what's happening — "the default content location" has changed at least three times since D|S1.0 came out, and older installers allowed to do a "default install" will look first for whatever the default was when they were made. If you just run all content installations as default, it's possible to have your content all over the place and only recent items will appear in your Content Library tab. This is fixable, but you need to know what you're doing.

Note that updated installers for old products, whether actual bug fixes or just to make them Smart Content-compatible, should run properly. It's still not a good idea to run a default install, though, The system D|S uses to detect where the last installer you ran put things only works most of the time — I'd reccommend you at least check every time to make sure the installer is pointing to the right place.