Crash on command

ManStanManStan Posts: 0
edited November 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

I don't know how I get these. It seems if this was happening to anyone else there would be a big to do about it in the forum; or there may have been.

step one load genesis.
step two load any dynamic clothing
step three select the dynamic clothing in the scene
step four select genesis
crash
each and ever time.

May have been like this since the last update. This is the sort of thing that has killed my interest.

Post edited by ManStan on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

DS4.5.1.6 with the lastest Dynamic Clothing Control,32 bit Dual Core running Vista

Just tested using Neoclassic Gown, draped and rendered without crashing.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If it did that with everyone Stan, DAZ 3D would have been out of business years ago.

What version of DS are you using, 4.5.1.6 is the latest release. Did you install Genesis Starter Essentials as well, if so, what version?
    Is it the 32 bit or 64 bit version, and what OS are you using?

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

Blast must have missed last weeks update. Maybe I should just wait till next weeks to download and install everything yet again. Save me having to do it this then again next week.

Sorry, this having to download and reinstall everything every other week or so has gotten infuriating.
    I want to get something done, not spend all my time downloading and installing updates and updated plugins.

Well there was my 4 trys and didn't get ether of them. I have better things to do with my time then burn it on DAZ.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It wasn't last week, but the 11th October, three weeks ago : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9471/

It fixed some problems with UE2, but the next version may not fix anything that you need. It still may not solve your problem, I have never come across it before, but it might be worth the effort. You don;t need the Genesis Starter Essentials afaik, and that is by far the biggest part of the download.

edited December 1969

Sorry jimmy, this used to be fun but it just isn't any more. When I want to set down and work on something I just want to set down and do it.

Did another rest and got studio installing it didn't fix it. The genesis essentials is just a no go. not going to be able to get it, the download just keeps pausing. 8 trys, quite evident I am not going to get it.

And I really hate this DAZ streaming download thing. No other site I down load from does this, and no other site gives me such fits trying to download items.

Just seems one way or another I can never get dynamic cloths to work with genesis.

Well I guess I'll see if I can get an animation of V4 with dynamics to carrara. I keep trying, it keeps failing. I wanted to give it a try with genesis thinking this new file format was made for genesis, maybe it would work better with genesis.

edited November 2012

Just wanted to thank DAZ for the auto generated crash report. I turned it in with the bug report.

I will repeat I do not beta test for DAZ.

Edit to add, it's not just genesis, it's all figures.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I often wish I could get my computer to crash on command, I am obviously not a good computer trainer.

edited November 2012

chohole said:
    I often wish I could get my computer to crash on command, I am obviously not a good computer trainer.

And I get an auto crash report as a reward :lol:

edited December 1969

Well I'm uninstalling all of this and deleting it from my comp. Over the years DAZ apps have just gotten more and more buggy till it's gotten to the point I can hardly do anything with out be stopped dead by one bug or another. I may be back once all this is fixed and working, but I have been saying that for over a year now and things have just gotten worse.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,100
    edited December 1969

Stan sorry, but it HAS to be your computer.
    I had issues like you on my laptop
    still have issues on desktop in Carrara 8.5 beta with Genesis and .duf but not all the stuff you are having.
    as others have repeatedly pointed out, only you and a handfull of others like Mosk the Scribe and Ooseven get these problems.

edited December 1969

Same comp I've been using for 4 years, back when this stuff did work. This all started with studio 4, and has done nothing but gotten worse. Every time I install a new version of studio my issues just get worse.
    Now It's too late. It is all gone from my comp and it's just a matter of deleting some extraneous folders.

This all worked fine with carrara 8 and studio 3 on this comp.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,900
    edited December 1969

I am not the biggest fan of beta testing anymore either but that is because I dont have the time. If you do not submit a bug report with the required/requested info, then DAZ cannot fix it. No, its not happening to everyone BUT it does not mean they cannot fix it for you and those who are experiencing it.

edited December 1969

That is part of my point. When I sit down to work with this I want to work with it not fight with it. I am just fed up with the constant beta testing. Seems everything is a beta and I am of the opinion companies call everything a beta so they don't have to fix anything. Beta used to mean a work in progress, now it means a work yet finished; maybe never to be finished.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    I am not the biggest fan of beta testing anymore either but that is because I dont have the time. If you do not submit a bug report with the required/requested info, then DAZ cannot fix it. No, its not happening to everyone BUT it does not mean they cannot fix it for you and those who are experiencing it.

thats it last time they FIX it for a few - we could not do any of the animation stuff we like
    isn't that right stan .

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,900
    edited December 1969

No program is perfect and neither are the people who make them. Even 3D Studio Max and Lightwave have their issues.

edited December 1969

bigh said:

thats it last time they FIX it for a few - we could not do any of the animation stuff we like
    isn't that right stan .

That is part of it, but; even though I much prefer the interface of studio 4, I used studio 3 much, much more. I used the figure set up tools in studio 3 quite a bit, but the new set is rather genicentric. And considering how easily confused I apprehensive about setting down to relearn the new tools in studio 4.

When it comes right down to it, studio is far more then I need. All I need is a poser file tool kit, I don't need to render or animate, just build/fix poser content. Not sure if I will ever understand the genesis figure well enough to work with it.

You're right the bigh. I don't think people realize what a kick in the chest it was for me. I was getting decent at it, had a good grasp of it then..... Seriously, it felt as bad as being dumped :blank:

Mattymanx I like ya, got some respect for you, but DAZ used to be better. Is "nobody is perfect" anything but an excuse to not try to be?