Having some trouble with missing scripts: DzSettingsHelper

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609

Hi:

I am having some trouble with a missing setting according to my log file. I xferred my runtime from one computer to another because my old computer is breaking down but the some of my lights don't work now , and throwing errors. I've tried reinstalling them, and finally did a reinstall of daz, but I get this error:

WARNING: Script Error: Line 88
WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: DzSettingsHelper
WARNING: Stack Trace:
()@:88

This happens when I use light sets like Predatron's lights, Chablis's built in lights

Is there a way I can find this missing file?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,824
    edited December 1969

DzSettingsHelper is an object from the DS3 script library, not a file. It seems to be working OK for me in a new script so I suspect there's a syntax error in the file you are trying to apply or in the shader definition it is in its turn calling. What version of DS is this? I seem to recall that some of Predatron's lights use the uber light shaders - do you have those, and are they installed (in the correct versions for your DS)?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609
    edited November 2012

DzSettingsHelper is an object from the DS3 script library, not a file. It seems to be working OK for me in a new script so I suspect there's a syntax error in the file you are trying to apply or in the shader definition it is in its turn calling. What version of DS is this? I seem to recall that some of Predatron's lights use the uber light shaders - do you have those, and are they installed (in the correct versions for your DS)?

I am using 4.5.1.6

I have the uber lights that came with daz, in my copied runtime, however they do not function properly. There doesn't seem to be a way to simply install that part of the daz package either...That I can see.

I did successfully transfer my other libraries, figures, and content... But the lights don't seem to want to xfer over and worse, they seem to not allow me to reinstall them to work properly either.

. A clean install of daz, and then innstalling preds lights- works fine. So I know the lights work with the base install of daz. Its just something I've got wrong with my copy.

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited November 2012

The files in the content library aren't the lights, they are just the scripts for loading the lights. The actual shaders are in the \Shaders folder in the DS application folder, with the scripts that set up the controls in the \Scripts\Support\ folder. You can either copy those from the machine you installed to to the other, or you should be able to reinstall DS or the add-on shaders which are throwing the errros without losing your content and settings to get the files back.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609
    edited December 1969

I want to thank you Mr. Hasteltine. Your suggestion was good. It is so nice that you take the time to respond, especially on the weekend. You are a very good person.

In case anyone else has this issue.

1. I perfomred a clean install of daz, and the lights I wanted. Copied those directories.
    2. Removed the clean install and put my old daz folder back.
    3. Replaced the two directories with directories from clean install
    4. Perofrmed another install of daz, which seemd to remove what bad preferences and now all lights function properly.

edited December 1969

I'm glad you have it working now.