animate2 help please

DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 508
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello everyone
my daughter is doing a project on Earth's rotation and revolution, so we are using 4.5 and animate2. I have an Earth, a sun, and a torus (to help keep Earth's revolution looking decent). I put a y rotate on earth and did a constrant to the torus. i have the torus doing a y rotate as well. Earth follows the torus just fine............. but it no longer rotates on it's y. what am i doing wrong? can anyone help us out with how to keep Earth rotating while still moving around the sun? thank you.

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

decoyboy said:
    Hello everyone
    my daughter is doing a project on Earth's rotation and revolution, so we are using 4.5 and animate2. I have an Earth, a sun, and a torus (to help keep Earth's revolution looking decent). I put a y rotate on earth and did a constrant to the torus. i have the torus doing a y rotate as well. Earth follows the torus just fine............. but it no longer rotates on it's y. what am i doing wrong? can anyone help us out with how to keep Earth rotating while still moving around the sun? thank you.

Well I haven't tried doing orbits yet but did find a way to do a straight line rotating planet. Found that I had to have it as a .cr2 though and so for what it's worth thought others might need one too and posted it a few days ago. I included some tut pics for the animation. Might help for the closeups.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/65655/gallery/11/Poser/Planet_Any