Dream Home Layout

reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I know this is probably an old topic that has most likely been addressed somewhere back in the annals of DAZ history, but a search I did turned up nothing.
Is there a layout somewhere that shows each room's location as it assembles into the complete Dream Home?

Thank you

Comments

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

There was one, but it was in the Platinum Club forum, it was updated as each new room was added.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited November 2012

This thread, from the New Users Help Forum, may be of use:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9663/

(page one has a map, about halfway down, and a post on page two has a list of all the products).

(FYI: found using a google search on "site:daz3d.com dream home floor plan" ^_^)

These original pics were produced by DaWaterRat here:
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=119304

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/image_1_1933509.jpg
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/image_2_1933509.jpg
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/image_3_1933509.jpg

(they're the same as the ones in the 9663 thread btw).

Post edited by M F M on
  • LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

If I'm recalling correctly the individual rooms for the dream home get positioned in their proper location for assembling the whole house by default when you load them into a Poser or Studio scene. So if worse comes to worse you could always make your own floor plan by loading the rooms and rendering from a zoomed out overhead view.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

If I'm recalling correctly the individual rooms for the dream home get positioned in their proper location for assembling the whole house by default when you load them into a Poser or Studio scene. So if worse comes to worse you could always make your own floor plan by loading the rooms and rendering from a zoomed out overhead view.

That really slows down the computer though. Makes it difficult to move around.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Well you don't have to keep it like that, just do it long enough to render a floor plan. Obviously if you were making a scene you would only load the room(s) visible in that scene.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Well you don't have to keep it like that, just do it long enough to render a floor plan. Obviously if you were making a scene you would only load the room(s) visible in that scene.

I have a pretty good homemade Desktop and Ioaded all of the rooms. Very difficult to do. I could imagine what a person with less resources would experience. I was just letting people know it is hard on memory. I was in the red.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Ledhead said:

I have a pretty good homemade Desktop and Ioaded all of the rooms. Very difficult to do. I could imagine what a person with less resources would experience. I was just letting people know it is hard on memory. I was in the red.

Ah okay it sounded like you thought I was suggesting that for a scene where one might need/want to move around to figue the best camera position. Yeah with an older machine with 4GB or less of RAM it may be very hard to do. I was going on the premise that the majority of users here have the more up to date beefier systems. The point I was really trying to make though is the rooms should already load in their proper positions for the whole house as it seemed the OP was wanting to figure out where individual rooms are supposed to be located.

• reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

Thank you all!!!

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

if you are a Dreamlight member they have some PDFs on the Dream House you can download that show how everything is connected in some maps and how to best use the Dream House.

The PDFs also had a listing of just about all of the Dream House products organized by area of the house.

When I got Light Master months ago, I had access to the Dreamlight members area and downloaded the PDFs.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,103
    edited December 1969

lol! I have a decent machine and while Poser copes quite well and I got the complete FURNISHED and fitted dreamhome into Carrara via the pz3 (not everything loads correctly in Carrara) and rendered a walkthrough, Daz studio 64bit was cactus with just the empty rooms!!