DUF and DSF DESON format files editing and reading

Harlekin3DHarlekin3D Posts: 23
edited December 1969 in New Users

Is there a tool with the man that can DUF and DSF DESON read format file and in the file edits. If yes where can I find this tool.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited November 2012

Is there a tool with the man that can DUF and DSF DESON read format file and in the file edits. If yes where can I find this tool.

DSF files are an uncompressed text format, so you can read them in any text editor.

DUF files are sometimes compressed, and you would need to use a program like WinZip or WinRar, or even one of the free ones to un-compress it first. There is an option when saving DUF files to save as compressed or not. Once they are uncompressed, they can be read in any text editor.

In DS 4.5, in Window > Tabs, there is an editor called 'Script IDE' which can also open compressed DUF files. I am not sure if it comes with the main installer of DS 4.5, but I also downloaded the free Script SDK from the store, perhaps it is part of that?

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474
    edited December 1969

DSF files in the Data folder may be compressed - those created from DS 4.5 will be by default.

• Harlekin3DHarlekin3D Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the help.I did it now as follows. Unpack with WinRar and viewed with an editing program and saved the file as uncompressed DUF. Worked so perfectly. DAZ Studio had not bitched.