michael5??????

texjonestexjones Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

ok, now I know I am spending WAY too much money in Daz. I just bought Michael5, I understand about the DSON files, those are the ones I installed (right?) so where is he??? When I try to bring him up the dialogue box pops up with tons of missing files??? I keep spending money on stuff that won't work, especially the ones that are supposed to be Daz compatible. Do I need to open up the basic M4 to bring M5 up? That didn't work.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

texjones said:
    ok, now I know I am spending WAY too much money in Daz. I just bought Michael5, I understand about the DSON files, those are the ones I installed (right?) so where is he??? When I try to bring him up the dialogue box pops up with tons of missing files??? I keep spending money on stuff that won't work, especially the ones that are supposed to be Daz compatible. Do I need to open up the basic M4 to bring M5 up? That didn't work.

M5 is a morph of Genesis, and has nothing at all to do with M4. M5 MUST be installed into the same place as Genesis, the default is the 'My Library' folder. Start DAZ Studio, load the base Genesis figure, go to the Parameters pane with Genesis selected, and find Actor > Male > Real World. Dial the morph up to 1.0, and that should be it.

Untitled-1.jpg
    762 x 670 - 182K
  • texjonestexjones Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

okay, I got it. I installed every file there is except the MAC files. I gotta say he's not that impressive. I see him more of an 'extra' character in a scene. Kinda like in The Simpsons, they've got several extra characters that show up in a situation or scene. So I have him as he's shown as the short order cook at the Diner, so far.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Okay, this is a little off topic from the OP... but I see in that image above a MICHAEL 5 SMOOTH morph... Where did that come from???????

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

nebbermind... I have it... must have come with M5, and I never knew... not to contradict you texjones, but I think M5 is one of the best investments I've made around here. He sits right below Victoria 5 and GenX...

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    not to contradict you texjones, but I think M5 is one of the best investments I've made around here.

Ditto-ing that... He's miles above what you can do with M4.

These are all M5s:

Space_kids_m5.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 934K
    Ashley_M5_height_update_b.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 889K
    Nigel_Promo_02d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 893K
  • texjonestexjones Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The main problem I can see with M5 is the fact he is a Genesis figure. And so far adding a Genesis figure to a scene the program has a really hard time and delay in trying to manipulate a pose or simply placing in a scene. I have the Lava Bar, and I am trying to fill it up for a wide view before focusing in on the main characters, and just adding some 'extra' characters (of Genesis-the LoRez figures) for the sake of filling in the scene I fight with Daz all through it. Trying to add figures of mixed programs, M4, F4 and Genesis together in a single scene,for the sake of variety, is really difficult. It slows the program memory way down. In the video I posted "Mickael On Stage", I had done a small bit where the camera came into the bar and up to the stage, it was a mixed crowd of Genesis and M4 characters, a 15 sec moment that took over two hours to render the animation.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There are very lores version of V4 and M4. They come in 1k, 2k, 4k and 17k LOD versions as well, did you use any of them?