I seem to be missing some folders?

niokapayneniokapayne Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I just got DAZ Studio 4.5 from the free software section and some models (along with some I had gotten back with DAZ Studio 2 and three, potentially 4) some years ago, and some of the new/current free models they are offering.
But when I go to follow one of the DAZ tutorials on installing content I'm missing a big folder, apparently. In Documents > Daz Studio 3D > I have no "Studio 3" and so none of the content folders that are meant to be inside of it. Have I done something wrong, or just missed something?

It's been a couple years since I could convince my computer to let me run it, so I'm more than rusty and pretty sure I've just missed something but I could use some help <3</p>

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited November 2012

I will presume you are using Windows. ;)
    I take it you want to install all your content in the same place as the DS4.5 default content was installed? If so did you install DS4.5 with the default content path of Drive Letter in my case C:\Users\your name\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library? if so just point the installers to that path.

Some installers will let you Browse to a different location, some you will have to type (or copy and paste) in the path manually but depends on the age of the intstallers. With the newer installers choose to "customise" the installation which will lets you change the installation path.

Post edited by Szark on
  • niokapayneniokapayne Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

Oh, yes, sorry xD I'm using Windows XP Pro
    So, I managed to get Millienium Dog (The doberman) to install following that path (and its metadata, which I did first per some tutorial I saw earlier) but NOW I'm lost as to how to find the object/Model to even load into DAZ now.
    EDIT:
    Also, I don't have these folders shown in this screenshot

http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/installing_software_plugins_and_content/tutorials/basiccontentinstall/default_paths.png
    (no idea how to make it show up as an image, sorry)
    I only have Runtime - Scripts - and Uninstallers in that folder?

Post edited by niokapayne on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Use Explorer to find it...with XP it may be in Program Files...(contrary to what some on the forums would have one believe, the change from installing content in the program's installed directory (usually Program Files) to the individual user's private data folder, was instigated by MS and not a DAZ problem...the whole software industry has to deal with it...many companies solved the problem by creating a version of the software that doesn't support XP...or if it does, has a different install script to install on XP)

If it doesn't show up in Program Files (or anywhere else), then you may want to try reinstalling the Genesis Starter Essentials, with your AV disabled (or 'whitelist' the installer).

edited December 1969

Okay, shall do now :)

edited December 1969

(sorry for the double)
    It worked! Thankyou!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Sorry had to sleep.

Thanks mjc1016