Recent texturing issue in Bryce 7.1 pro

I just recently encountered a texture problem in Bryce (7.1 pro).
I applied a Bryce procedural texture (world space) to an object, as I have done for these years... but this time, after applying the texture, when I  rotated the object... the texture did not rotate with it... any ideas what just happened?  For the image I was working on at the time, for the current challenge,  I did a work around and rotated the texture in the materials lab Transformation Tools... and it worked for a simple sphere object  rotation with the object in the same place, but for moving and rotating and getting the object where I want it... it's too confusing using my workaround...  And the problem persists...  Thoughts?

Steve

example.jpg
1024 x 768 - 120K

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

Set the material mapping mode to Object Space. Problem solved. smiley

World space, will leave the material in the same place if/when you move the object.

Object Space will move the material when you move the object.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

OK Dave Savage... you smartie-pants... I can't believe how simple this was..., I just tried object space mapping and rotated the object and just like you said Problem solved...I thought World Space was Bryce's default...( and I rarely have changed the mapping) and I don't remember having any issues before... perhaps it's because I don't usually use "stripe" textures, but more likely  less directional textures...so i didn't really notice...

Thanks