Horse 2 problems?

2»

Comments

• LadyfyreLadyfyre Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Ladyfyre-Graphics: that mane is looking wonderful!

Like I love your The Ultimate Equine - Millennium Horse Edition poses ...

Glad you like it Kerya, a new pose pack for the DHorse2 is on my to do list :)

Personally, I think the lack of mane/hair may be a boon to the upcoming hair plugins...I know I'm going to use one of them for most of my detail hair needs, especially for things like a mane.

I made a horse head morph for Genesis..and for the original promo shot, I used a 'regular' hair...last night I was playing around with the one hair plug in beta. I didn't spend much time on this...yeah, unless it's a 'native' and mid-winter, most horses won't have that much 'fur'...but the mane is what I was more interested in.

So, when the hair plugins come out, all your mane/fetlock/tail problems will be solved...

That looks great but I think there will always be a need for geometry modelled hair even if just just for rendering speed over dynamic hair. I plan on using the horse in Carrara with dynamic hair too when I get everything else done on my list lol.

• LadyfyreLadyfyre Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

I'm really surprised that a bridle path of any length was modelled into the base figure, let alone one as long as this, which is not often seen (a couple of inches is more likely). Not good for most domestic horses (at least those that I see) or for any wild horses at all. Very odd decision.

That's something I can't figure out either, surely it would make sense to make the default setting for a model a neutral one that can then be styled to suit individual needs?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

The thing about the two hair plugins...RiCurves have very little impact on speed...that horsehead at 1000 x 800 (that's a size I picked for images for the old forums and just automatically render too), on my machine rendered faster with the mane/fuzziness than it did with the hair I used, first time around. Of course it took longer to set up the hair...

• edited December 1969

I started playing with the new horse and genesis rider poses this week, they looked okay - until I added a saddle! Two of my biggest issues with the MilHorse rider poses were getting a rider to sit in the saddle (rather than perched on top of it), and my ultimate nightmare... stirrups! I spent ages trying to get them lined up with the rider's feet, and making them look like they were contributing something instead of just being there for show. In the end I deleted them, put the rider's feet where I felt they should be, and added the stirrups in postwork.

Steve

• semperequstrisemperequstri Posts: 150
    edited December 1969

I'm loving the new horse too, but I'm experiencing a really strange issue. I had figured out some scaling changes in order to make the horse look more like a thoroughbred/sport horse and less like a quarter horse/grade type horse. But if I apply any pose to the horse after the changes I get a really bizarre mesh deformation like the attached image.

As another oddity ,I've found that those body scaling changes aren't retained if I save my changed horse to the library. I've tried saving as a character preset, pose preset, scene preset and shape preset. Nothing works. My character loads as the default horse, BUT the same mesh deformation happens after I apply a pose.

If I apply my scaling changes after a pose is applied then everything is ok as long as I don't do too many changes to the horse's scaling. If I do , the mesh breaks as shown in the photo.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Capture.JPG
    611 x 380 - 42K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609
    edited December 1969

I am kinda dissappointed in the horse's accessories. They just aren't posable. One of the things I love about daz is how easy it is to use! I feel like the bridle and saddle are just to look at, and not for any character to actually ride on.

I'm also a bit surprised there hasn't been more stuff released. I'd love more horse 2 textures, a better mane, and some real poses with saddle and bridle in use. Plus, some cowboy/girl clothing!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Plus, some cowboy/girl clothing!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/town-and-country-for-genesis
    ?