The weightmap of the world upon my shoulders.

ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,531
edited December 1969 in New Users

Is there a really good tutorial on creating anatomical weightmaps that covers subjects like how far gradients should extend and how to create a rigging that makes natural looking joints. The only such tutorial I saw about weightmaps and riggings was for a sash, but I'd like to see something that explains weight maps in terms of anatomy.

Comments

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Blondie9999 has the Rigging Original Figures in DS4 tutorial here in the shop.

• rek_2158272rek_2158272 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You can pick up quite a few good tips on weighing in general from tutorials for software other than Daz Studio, so you could try to find tutorials for one of them? Like Blender, Maya, 3ds Max. The principles are the same even if the tools work a bit different.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited November 2012

There was a thread where someone was converting a Dinosaur (iirc) to triax weight mapping. After a bit of experimentation I believe they found that the best method for them was to be conservative on the weight mapping, then take the joint in question through a series of bends, smoothing out the gradient in areas where the bend was not smooth enough. Again, pulling from memory but I believe they found this much easier then putting in more to start and trying to reduce. The trick seems to be the direction of the workflow, conservative with adding.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on