Walking the Dax3D Bull

I have recently purchased the DAZ3D bull because I need a bull to slowly walk across a screen for a school play. Is there a way to add a walking animation to the bull. I checked out the walk designer but any four legged animal just makes the bull walk like both his front legs have snapped in half. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• edited December 1969

I am a teacher and for a school dance I need to make a bull slowly walk across a screen in a field. I have loaded up the walk designer and loaded the bull but his walk is rather crappy. Is there somewhere I can get a decent walk for the bull and use in the poses section or is there somewhere on the internet where I might find a willing animator who would sort it out for me.

Thanks for any help in advance

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,896
    edited December 1969

Which application are you using?

• landenislandenis Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Something like that ?

bull.gif
    160 x 90 - 163K
  • RangerJimKRangerJimK Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am a teacher and for a school dance I need to make a bull slowly walk across a screen in a field. I have loaded up the walk designer and loaded the bull but his walk is rather crappy. Is there somewhere I can get a decent walk for the bull and use in the poses section or is there somewhere on the internet where I might find a willing animator who would sort it out for me.

I'm glad you brought that up...

I recently read an article online which claimed that Stone Age artists were more accurate in painting/drawing walking or running quadrupeds, than the vast majority of modern artists/sculptors. The authors used an illustration of an Auroch to Illustrate this. The suggested reason was, of course, the fact that our ancient ancestors have always been predator and prey. and both states of nature demand as intimate knowledge of their prey and their predators, eh? ;-)

Right now, I'm hunting for goodies/models for Xmas cards and presents, but I'll take some time and try to find the article. Now -- I am less than an Egg when it comes to using poser (or any other program) to play around with characters and poses, but I believe I also have a bull character. I do know that I have the low budget Mill horse to play around with, and I'd be happy to work with you to help you out. Are4 you familiar with the work of Eadweard Muybridge, who did the pioneering photographic work on the locomotion of animals and people? Check it out on Wikipedia and Google/Bing. His work is simply amazing!

PM or email me if you don't hear back from me an a day or so, ok?

Jim

• RangerJimKRangerJimK Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, that didn't take as long as I had feared.... :-)

Here are two articles to hopefully get you started:

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science/tag/mammals/
    http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewnews.php?id=238888

There are (of course) others, but I dare say that these two should get you started, eh? And as I said, If I can help you out further, please let me know.

Bright Blessings,
    Jim

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,896
    edited December 1969

Merged duplicate threads.