baggins1583baggins1583 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm thinking of purchasing this product from the Daz store:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/environments-props/interiors/recreation-room

It claims that the following lights are needed:

UberPoint
UberSpot
UberEnvironment

I'm running 4.5 and I believe the Environment light came bundled with the DS download but I have no idea whether or not I need to purchase the Point and/or Spot lights in order to use the lighting preset that would come with the purchase.

I'm not particularly inclined to buy something I might already have, so any help would really be appreciated.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I'd say they were only required if you wanted to use the built in light set...

Obviously, if the Uber lights aren't used (Environment would be, since it is included) the lighting would need to be redone..and not quite match the promos (Uber points and spots have falloff and some other options...like the use of gels/gobos).

• baggins1583baggins1583 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to use the lighting preset that comes with the package and I guess I really just want to know if the Spot and/or Point came bundled like the Environment or if they are separate purchases.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,380
    edited December 2012
    Post edited by scorpio on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

DS does have linear point lights now.

And it's not that hard to set up a gel light in ShaderMixer, either, but the preset for that set would still be Uber.

• baggins1583baggins1583 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Super - thanks, both of you, for the info.