Daz 4.5 Install to Secondary Drive

cipher_Xcipher_X Posts: 121
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I just finished a new computer build and have installed my Daz Studio 3A as adamr001 outlines in this archived post http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=153483

My questions are before I go messing up everything:

• Can you follow this same method to install Daz Studio 4.5?

• Do you need to also install the 32 bit version of DS 4.5 side by side with the 64 bit or is the 64 bit version enough?

• Does it hurt to include both and is there an advantage?

The OS will be Windows 7 Home Premium.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

cipher_X said:
    I just finished a new computer build and have installed my Daz Studio 3A as adamr001 outlines in this archived post http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=153483

My questions are before I go messing up everything:

• Can you follow this same method to install Daz Studio 4.5?

• Do you need to also install the 32 bit version of DS 4.5 side by side with the 64 bit or is the 64 bit version enough?

• Does it hurt to include both and is there an advantage?

The OS will be Windows 7 Home Premium.

DS 4.5 uses as default, a folder called 'My Library' instead of one called 'Content', but you can call it whatever you like. Just make sure you know that when an installer wants to install to My Library, that you use your own named folder instead.

There is no need to install both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions, but you can if you wish. I don't know of any advantage, I used to have the 32 bit version installed as well, but I only onstalled the 64 bit version of Ds 4.5.1.6.

• cipher_Xcipher_X Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

DS 4.5 uses as default, a folder called 'My Library' instead of one called 'Content', but you can call it whatever you like. Just make sure you know that when an installer wants to install to My Library, that you use your own named folder instead.

Thanks JimmyC_2009,

My idea was to keep the older content Poser/DS in the normal content/runtime/etc structure and then us the My Library that DS4.5 creates for anything new that pertains just to Genesis..V5...M5, etc.

The way I started grouping my runtimes in DS3 was to have:

content
    >runtime
    >libraries
    >characters
    >Victoria4
    >clothes
    >hair
    >shoes

>Michael4
    >clothes
    >hair

...etc for each character, under each category. It just seemed to be easier to locate things so I want to keep that the way it is. :-)

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There is no reason why you can't still do that. I have loads of Poser runtime folders which I just list inside DS 4.5, and they show up OK. It is a good idea to keep the My Library folder for Genesis stuff I think, although, I put everything new in there now, as most of it is Genesis anyway.

If you have any problems, just post again, but your ideas sound good to me.