Victoria4 vs Victoria4 Elite vs V5 Genesis

alfonsgrabheralfonsgrabher Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi, since over a week I'm playing with DAZ3D and Poser and now its' time to buy some content.

But I'm confused:

What's the difference between Victoria 4 and Victoria 4 Elite ? Is there any ?

Does Victoria 4 has different shape than V5 Genesis ? From the preview pictures I have the impression V4 looks more relaxed, natural, with a more natural looking chest, while the Genesis models seem to have a deeper chest, with the back sticking out more, a more computer generated like look.

?

Thank you for your answers!

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

What’s the difference between Victoria 4 and Victoria 4 Elite ? Is there any ?

V4 Elite is a morph of V4 that adds some different body shapes. People who have the genx plugin and the v4 morphs can use those morphs on genesis as well. You can also get the V4 shape for genesis

Does Victoria 4 has different shape than V5 Genesis ? From the preview pictures I have the impression V4 looks more relaxed, natural, with a more natural looking chest, while the Genesis models seem to have a deeper chest, with the back sticking out more, a more computer generated like look.

The base figures/shapes are a different. But as indicated above it is a possibility to add the V4 shape to genesis. Chest shape (as well as pretty much any body part shape) can be adjusted with shape morphs. And there is a pretty wide variety of them available. Everything from some free morphs, sculpted characters that add a different shape and the purchasable morphs out there.

• alfonsgrabheralfonsgrabher Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Khory,

thank you for the detailed answers !! That clears up a lot .

About the customizing of a figure :

In Poser 9 I see lots and lots of dials to change almost every aspect of a figure . E.g. selecting "hip" or "left thigh" reveals dozens of such dials in the parameters . Does DAZ3D also have such dials, or is morphing done by hand shifting the mesh around ?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,882
    edited December 1969

Assuming you mean DAZ Studio, yes you can use morphs as you can in Poser.