oooooooooops a newbie with error report...heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

hermana5hermana5 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

This is so funny as i have spent a fortune and am so enjoying buying and playing but achieving very little (apart from now being poorer) i have just followed my first tutorial on youtube "welcome and overview" i got right to the point of rendering and i think i followed him to a tee (well maybe not exact) but i only added what he did then went to render and ka boom! FATAL ERROR in or at DAZ ?!?! and all my work has gone ;) okay so it was no masterpiece but it was my FIRST REAL attempt . So i saved the file of the error report, then clicked for more and it would not acknowledge me.....so could not forward via password.....hey i have spent hundreds what do you mean you don´t know me??? ;) so now i am sat here with my report and not sure what to do next....any help truly appreciated. thanks

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Are you trying to create a Bug Report?

If so, you need to go here https://bugs.daz3d.com/main_page.php and open a bug report. It is a seperate login to the store or forum, so you will need to register first. You will probably be able to use the same username if it is not already taken.

• hermana5hermana5 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

cheers;) i already tried that route but with the passwords from here der! will open account thanks....i´ll be back to say if it works or not. thanks again

edited December 1969

Managed to get in to complete report ...BUT as a newbie i had no idea how to complete the beginning part ....but it´s been accepted, not sure whether i should open the program up again??? not technically minded so no idea if this would harm my little lappy:(

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

hermana5, it would help us more if we knew your PC specs. Could you please post them for us. DS 4.5 does not work very well on low-end or 32-bit systems. Please list your PC total RAM your graphic card and operating system. This will help us help you.

edited December 2012

Hi Jaderail, i did write what i know about my computer on the report , sorry not technically minded and i am writing this info from a sticky label!

OS windows 7 intel core 5 - 2430m 2.4ghz with turbo boost upto 3 ghz
    intel hd graphics 3000 upto 1760mb dvm
    8gb ddr3 memory
    500 gb hdd
    acer nplify 802 11b/g/n
    64 bit

As i said i have been buying items rather than trying, though i have managed to do renders before all without problems, it was only when i followed the tutorial (it being my first proper one) that i encountered the fatal error, i have today tried rendering basic props all without problem, i only have items from Daz3D i don´t venture onto other sites due to my lack of knowledge and confidence so no freebies for me unless they come from here, i have confidence that what i am purchasing here will be okay or someone will assist me.
    I have checked my Daz folder and it is showing as 15gb (maybe i have overspent hehe)

hope this helps and i hope you are having a good day today and not to tired.

Post edited by hermana5 on
    edited December 2012

This is hermana5 Bug Report if anyone would like a peek : https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48598

Hello again hermana5, can you provide a link to the tutorial you were doing?
    From your Log File, it looks like you were loading a lot of different files, and to me, it doesn't seem like Genesis has been installed properly.

Can you load Genesis, apply some of the free items like Journeyer Scout, and then try a render to see if that works OK.

If you go to render > Render Settings, are you using option '4' the best settings, which says 'Software Renderer - 3Delight'

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

For future reference, THis is Adam's tutorial on hoow to make a good bug report.

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=170706

It will be a bit slow loading as it is in the old archived forum.

edited December 1969

Hi Jimmy, this is the tutorial i followed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3H8hKIs4IE&list=PLF26E7AB601772F0A&index=1

I added the same items just different colours i tried the animate bit like he did and cancelled but kept a pose and as far as i can remember everything else was the same, though the boots were partially hidden??? no more no less...........................prior to doing the tutorial i had tried other things myself.

Just loaded genesis with journeyer scout without problem today i have worked only fro content libray where i believe yesterday i was in smart content as well??

My reneder settings showed 3 not 4 so i have changed this it is 3d delight.

Yesterday i pressed render it looked like it was going to happen then a split second later it crashed. It is more likely i made some booboo as a newbie everything looks exciting so perhaps i stayed to long doing things!

Chohole thanks for the tut re bug report but really i never want this to happen again ;)

edited December 1969

I thought so, there were a lot of references to GLSL in the log file (option 3), although I don't know why that would cause a problem, but it looks like you are using an Intel graphics chip which is not the best for this kind of work, a proper graphics card does much better. You may have been loading and unloading a lot of texture files, and using up a lot of memory. To minimise crashing, it is usually a good ide to get the scene the way you want it, save the scene in File > Save As > Scene, then quit DS4.5, then restart it and load the saved scene, then render it. That way you have more of your RAM available.

If you have any more problems, post again, and I am sure we can advise you. Best wishes.

edited December 1969

Brilliant Jimmy and i understood ! thanks for your help, i am going to stay on the first tutorial for awhile just to get used to everything and use different figures outfits etc...... a teeny weeny step at a time ;)