I have had many of errors I thought I found them all but here is a new one

2»

Comments

• RoguePilotRoguePilot Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Dartan,

I mostly just dabble in 8.5, to try out bugs that have been reported and play around with Genesis (I'm still annoyed about the Genesis eyes but I'm coming to terms with it). I've loaded up some of my more memory and processor intensive scenes to test out and they work ok but I feel no need to assemble anything in it. It's beta and I treat it as such.

I personally think that the reason I get less crashing (in all programs that I run) is because I have been educated and trained to always work in a modular method.

Each project gets its own directory structure, I save on a component by component basis, each part is tested as I build and every save is incremental. I test render a lot.

I also don't get upset by losing a half hours or even a couple of hours work, usually because most of that time is spent making choices and finding out what does work. It becomes very easy to re-assemble things the next time and I usually make improvements on the that pass. I treat a 3D scene like I would writing and recognise the need to re-do things anyway.

• MalusMalus Posts: 370
    edited December 1969

All I got to say is thank god when I'm typing I occasionally copy my text because it logged me out while I was typing so when I submitted the post it erased everything and said I was logged out.

My system info.
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    System Model HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2820QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 7.95 GB
    Available Physical Memory 3.25 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 37.2 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 31.5 GB
    Page File Space 29.3 GB

Yeah I know I have a laptop is one of the problems, but I'm planning on getting a pc.
    And a lot of those errors happened in carrara 8.1 too but not 7 pro.

And for some reason even though I didn't install 8.5 over 8.1 it still took over 8.1.
    Yes I'am using a plugin I guess it isn't compatible with 8.5.
    I like that plugin with the alpha channel it makes some cool effects weird thing is the other plugins seem to work.

When it comes to 3D I'm self taught and the way I was taught was completely wacky considering I had to interpret tutorials that was for like 7.1 when the program that was out was 9.1.
    Then for me to figure out other things since the tutorials didn't have the thing I wanted. I had learn of another program tutorials and then translate it to the program I was using (this program was before I started carrara). And thanks for what you said about parametric mapping. And the scaling is the way I want, but I see what you talking about scaling it at least I think I do. That building is meant to be a giant city and the ships are meant to be ants. The ships are there for scaling purposes to make sure everything is to scale properly. The space duck is fully operate able and the towing whale is too (I was planning on selling them later the whole set I know it is a bad idea considering).
    I will try to find another way to make an alpha channel like I want I think I know of a way Uv mapping could generate some interesting results.

edited December 1969

I had another error if you want to see the error here.

ERRORS.JPG
    435 x 145 - 14K
  • edited December 1969

OMG, these freakin' "Error Occurred while performing "Save As"" is seriously wrecking me!
    Wrecked! Gone in the head.
    Ready to smash some pretty expensive stuff just for a bit of absolution! Aaaaaaarrrrrgh!!!!
    It seems to happen all the time - and it's KILLING ME!

Sorry for adding another error here, GR... but I just needed to vent to a possible sympathizer.

Hey Dartanbeck,
    I found one if not 'the' sole cause of the "An error Occured on save / Save as"......Unfortunatly there is now way to recover
    from it once done but knowing and avoiding the cause will save your bacon in the first place.

There is a bug report active on this particular issue which i accidently marked as private so no one alse can add notes
    to it very annoyingly but it's there anyway and confirmed.

One note: it only happens in the 8.5 Beta, the normal 8.1 release is fine.

When firing up C and starting a new scene you will notice that C puts a keyframe at time Zero on all tracks and any new
    ones which are created while your work progresses, these also exist in any saved & reopened scenes you may have.
    These Time Zero keyframes hold a particular bit of data which other keyframes dont have (ie any keyframes produced
    while you work anywhere except time zero)

I was in a complicated Anim and reolised that about 30 steps previously i'd changed something important which i intended
    to have happen right from time zero but my scrubber was further up the timeline at the time of the change. Not wanting to
    undo 30 odd steps i moved the Default Keyframe on that particular track which is at time Zero along a bit, slid my keyframe
    from where it resided all the way to time zero and deleted the origonal time zero keyframe.

Guess what happens then when you try to save.........An Error Occured While Saving

Bottom line, i'd done it a million times until i noticed it....Never Ever 'DELETE' a default time Zero keyframe

Not sure if it's possible you may have done this at some point while working but if you did, this will be the cause mate.

Regards
    Paul

edited December 1969

I have had all these errors that I have posted happen on 8.1 also (except the render error), including the save as error, but I will remember what you said because I do have the habit of deleting keyframes. Thanks for the advice even though it wasn't directed at me.