do i need to use a camera

hermana5hermana5 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi i want to use just the toon alien and just send it to other program to print it off for my nephew but i want it to look good for his wall :) such a softie! When i position it how i want and add the lights do i really need to load a camera or can i just go to render....after my last escapade i thought i would ask before touching anything. thanks ( when i do a spot render it looks okay but not sure whether cameras are used for scenes mainly)

Also have to say WOW to Daz just been watching more tutorials without playing! and it´s fantastic....you experienced ones may have forgotten the excitement of seeing such possibilities at the touch of the fingers ....brilliant

Comments

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,588
    edited December 1969

No, you don't need a camera in the scene.

Though its only 2 clicks to add a camera. :coolsmile:

The first use is to just remember your position. If you have to zoom in or rotate away to adjust something you can quickly go back to that perfect shot you had 20 minutes ago!
    You can add as many as you like and just hop from camera to camera.

Second is the control of lensing and effects like depth of field which you can't do without a camera.

• hermana5hermana5 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks Prixat, as the last time i rendered i had camera, lights, etc loaded and it crashed so i thought as this toon will be simple if i avoided camera and textures etc it might not crash, i will try it later and print.