Post edited by ManStan on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    O.O

I applied a pose, a genesis pose. I don't know

In DS or Carrara?

Not sure what's up, but keep it in mind if you ever want to do a Fantastic Four render...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,103
    edited December 1969

happens to me sometimes too!
    zero or restore figure pose under animation will fix it.
    more often with Poser pz2's though.
    occasionally does it if I try editing animations I have converted to NLA clips too, finish editing clip again restores it.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is in carrara, a genesis pose applied to genesis. It was something I have done a thousand times before with out a hitch, one pose at the begining of an animation and another at the end, letting carrara do the tweening. That is what happened when I applied the second pose at the end of the animation. I have so much turned on in the scene trying to get the clothes to be dynamic that it is hard telling just what caused it. I couldn't do anything from there though, I just kept getting a nil point error; big surprise right lol

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,103
    edited December 1969

Stan, if you can, as soon as you get an error, get out of smart content and do not open it again, I find I can fix and save scenes if I stay away from that tab after error occurs

edited December 1969

No CMS on my comp. I'd say why but then it would get edited. ;)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    No CMS on my comp. I'd say why but then it would get edited. ;)

sorry to hear about CMS - get well soon my friend

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

She's like putty in your hands ManStan!

edited December 2012

She's like putty in your hands ManStan!

Sexist pig alert. When I was asked in LOTRO why 6 of my seven characters where female, I explained "it's the only time I can tell a women to do something, and they do it". ;) lol

After loading the original scene I went through turning various things on and off to see what might have caused that. I have it set up identical but can't get it to repeat, it was a fluke I may never hit again.

Note: something else caught my eye though, with the genesis figure's motion set to physics, and collision detection on, the figures feet were pushed up out of the floor :gulp: or should I say shoes and feet.

Edit to add: I let this scene run the physics calculations and genesis fell over, out of the clothes, and bounced across the floor lol

edited December 2012

More weirdness. I was trying to work out an animation showing how Mil4 poses work on genesis and got this. What I see in the assembly room isn't want I see in the render room. Right down to the animation. genesis isn't doing any of the poses I put on it in the render room but does in the preview in the assembly room. In rendering the animation genesis isn't moving, but the pants are going through the poses.

And people wonder why I am so apathetic about doing any of this any more.

nw7b.jpg
    800 x 450 - 57K
    nw7.jpg
    800 x 450 - 73K
    edited December 2012

Going over this what is happening is genesis is remaining in what ever pose he is in in the time line in the assembly. So even though in the preview in the assembly room genesis is going through the poses, he remains in what ever pose he is in in the assembly room, through out the animation in the render room, yet the clothes are being rendered animated.

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    Going over this what is happening is genesis is remaining in what ever pose he is in in the time line in the assembly. So even though in the preview in the assembly room genesis is going through the poses, he remains in what ever pose he is in in the assembly room, through out the animation in the render room, yet the clothes are being rendered animated.

sorry my friend - I just tested this and it works fine for me .
    are you using Genesis pants ?
    I can post animation if you want .

edited December 2012

They are auto fitted. And in a few minutes I could post a vid of what is happening. genesis is still in it's frame 1 pose while the pants; that are conformed to genesis, go through the poses. The issue I am having with this scene right now is genesis is animating in the assembly room but not the render room.

And I am not inferring every/any one else is having this issue, just something I am getting at this point in time; which I may never be able to repeat.

if there is an odd fluke in an app I am sure to find it lol

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    They are auto fitted. And in a few minutes I could post a vid of what is happening. genesis is still in it's frame 1 pose while the pants; that are conformed to genesis, go through the poses. The issue I am having with this scene right now is genesis is animating in the assembly room but not the render room.

And I am not inferring every/any one else is having this issue, just something I am getting at this point in time; which I may never be able to repeat.

if there is an odd fluke in an app I am sure to find it lol

you sure do ;-)

edited December 1969

Well lets see if I can pull this off

Nope, oh well.

The render
    http://youtu.be/Uq_pQp_4ts0

The vid cap of the assembly room preview
    http://youtu.be/289ZM0w6bcs