Problems with daz 4.5 under win 8

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello,
I have a big problem with daz 4.5 under win 8 as mentioned in the tittle
I installed daz 4.5 pro without any problems, then I installed contents and stuff but the content gallery still empty.
I went on content gallery; content db maintenance; Reimport meta data. But still empty.
Before I used daz 4.5 under win 7 but now with my new computer It doesn't work.
Pleased Somebody can help me?

PS:
Sorry if my English is not very good.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If the CMS (Content Management Service) is not running, nothing will apear in the Smart Content pane.
    Have you looked in Task Manager to see if it is running?

Does your content appear in the Content Library pane? Do you have the folder holding the content listed as a DAZ Studio Formats AND Poser Formats folder in Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager?

• edited December 1969

Thanks for your reply,
    I can see and use the content when I go on the content gallery on the right of the screen, but nothing appear on the left content gallery.
    Where can i find the Content Management Service?

edited December 2012

Do you mean the Smart Content pane?
    What Operating System are you using?

On Windows, press Alt+Ctrl+Del keys to bring up the Task Manager, go to Processes, and it should be listed.

I don't know how you find it on a Mac, but you can start the CMS from Windows > Start > DAZ 3D

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited December 1969

hello,
    I remove daz from my computer with windows 8 and i installed it on an other computer with windows 7. And now it is working .

Thank you for your help Jimmy.

edited December 1969

Maybe Windows 8 is not ready for 'Prime Time' as some people say. I have only just got used to Win7, and I am not going to change for years and years ....

Glad it works now anyway.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Windows 8 is so not going on any computer I own. :roll:

• edited December 1969

Windows 8 was geared for touch screen I had the development version many problems win 7 is stable it took years to bug out xp . I can see no advantages at all to ver 8 for 3d apps can't see myself keyframing on a touch screen I will give it a year many users are trying to make it interface like ver 7, For me for now its win 7 till 1-2014 at least !!! Happy and Safe holidays to all !!!