Question on Bryce

mrali2206mrali2206 Posts: 0
edited December 2012 in New Users

Hello, I am new in 3D. I have a question on Bryce. I saw it is more than 900MB in size, is there a torrent version available to download? Because my connection speed is low...

Post edited by mrali2206 on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The EXE is about 253 MB, but the Content is another 600 MB. I don't know of any other way to get it except through the DAZ 3D website. A slow connection is a real pain when you are using 3D graphics in general, some downloads can be very large indeed.

DAZ 3D don't burn disks any more (they used to for a small fee), so you may need to go to a Library or Internet Cafe or somwhere close to where you live to get a decent connection. I am sorry I cannot be of more help, maybe somone else can suggest something better.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

Simple answer is there is no other legitimate way to get Bryce 7, or any other DAZ 3D software other than through the DAZ 3D store.

The main Bryce downloader for the program itself is 254 mb, the basic content is 17'6 mb. THe large content downloader is 670 mb, and is extra bonus content, but Bryce will work without it

Post edited by Chohole on
  • mrali2206mrali2206 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have a connection of 512 KB unlimited. I can download it, even it will take about 7 hours. But the risk is big. What if power is down or simply the download just stop, this is the issue.

Anyway, I will see what to do. Thank!

edited December 1969

By the way, if Bryce is free, why it has shopping cart when you click on it? I saw Bryce Pro as well. I dont understand...

edited December 1969

Bryce 7 Pro is free, and so is DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro and Hexagon as well.

When you 'buy' it through the store, the serial number is put into your account, and the program is put into your Itemised Order History so that you can Reset the download at any time. These programs may not always be free.

edited December 1969

And BTW, I too rarely get more than a 512mb connection, and I can assure you that even the Bonus content file downloaded in far less than 7 hours for me, when I redownloaded to put Bryce 7 Pro on this new PC I am using.

edited December 2012

Well when you say free you mean no trial and no registration later? Because I have heard it is free yes, but on many websites it has a price. Free here I mean no registration later, and no trial... Completely free for life!

Post edited by mrali2206 on
    edited December 2012

That is correct, buy it through the store here, at 100% discount, and it is then in your order history. You can download it again from there, should you need to, at any time in the future, just by resetting the download in your itemised order history.

ANd yes it is the full Bryce 7 pro.

BTW can you please edit your thread title to take the word torrent out of it, Because as I said earlier the only place to legitimately "purchase" and download Bryce is from the DAZ 3D store.

edited December 1969

How to do that? The edit? Because I clicked Edit and I can only edit my message!

edited December 2012

Click edit as though you were going to edit your first post, and then change the title line that you see at the top of the screen, or I can do it for you.

edited December 1969

Done! I am searching a good tutorial before downloading, thank you!

edited December 1969

Come and visit over in the Bryce forum, we have a whole list of tutorials there, and more than that we have Bryce gurus who regularly post, and help new people. We are really a friendly bunch over there.

Bryce Forum

Bryce Tutorial List

edited December 1969

Yes I will come. I love 3D even I am not experienced. I used Google Sketchup but it is more for architectures. I love making Landscapes only. I just got a tutorial on Bryce 6, I hope it can help for the Bryce 7 edition. After that, I will search more tutorials here.

edited December 1969

A Bryce 5 tutorial will certainly get you up and running. The basics haven't changed too much. Once you have mastered the basics, then we can help you find tuts for dealing with the additional stuff that has been added since Br5.

I usually recommend the Robin woods Tutorials as being a good place to start

http://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Technical/BryceTuts/BrycePages/Bryce1Start.html

edited December 1969

Thank you. I already bookmarked the link! But a Bryce 6 tutorial is not good?

edited December 1969

Yes that will be fine as well. We all just have our favourite ones. I have to admit I found I learned more from people in forums, once forums came along, than I ever did from tutorials and manuals. But I did get myself up and running with the help of tutorials, back when I started. (Bryce 2 :red:)

BTW I didn't ask you, are you using a PC or a Mac.

edited December 1969

I am on Windows Vista Service Pack 2 32 bit.. Processor 1.8GHz Intel Celeron, RAM 2GB, Graphic integrated 256MB.

edited December 1969

You should be OK with that. This is what they recommend for minimum specs

Windows®

Pentium Processor (or equivalent) or greater
    700 MHz (1 GHz or faster recommended)
    Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 (SP2+), or NT (SP6)
    512 MB RAM min (1GB+ recommended)
    100 MB free hard drive space for installation (500 MB+ recommended)

OpenGL compatible graphics card with at least 128 MB RAM (Drivers supporting OpenGL 1.1 recommended)
    CD-ROM drive

edited December 1969

Yes specification is OK. By the way, will there be other version of Bryce in the future? Or it is an abandoned software this is why it is free? Because as I mentioned, many websites mentioned it is paid with the price.

edited December 1969

mrali2206 said:
    Yes specification is OK. By the way, will there be other version of Bryce in the future? Or it is an abandoned software this is why it is free? Because as I mentioned, many websites mentioned it is paid with the price.

Untill February it was a paid for item, around $150. It is now free, along with DAZ Studio Pro and Hexagon which were also paid for items. It is not abandoned software, and neither is DAZ Studio or Hexagon. These software packages are still in development.

edited December 1969

This is amazing such a software is free now. Hope the developers continue to maintain its development. I am going to download now. 6 hours to wait :)