Question about Skies of Terra Volume 1

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi, I have a question about this product:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/skies-of-terra-volume-one

I can't tell from the screenshots, but are the backdrops digital or photos of real skies and trees?

I am not partial to photographic backgrounds and wanted to find out from someone who owns it before buying.

I can't really tell from the pictures...

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,062
    edited December 1969

They don't look like photographs to me. They are more like artistic interpretations of photographs. Here are some renderings I've done with them. Also, be aware that they do not come with a shadow catcher. You have to add your own if you want realistic shadows on the "ground". I got one on ShareCG. I think DimensionTheory's later product Urban Recreation is a much better product. I haven't tried his latest "skies" product. Urban Recreation is more like a photograph, but it has been processed to be "semi-toon".

RRRR_Troglodyte_Boots_Elephant_Road_Roller_Zinnias.jpg
    800 x 700 - 585K
    Skies_of_Terra_sunny_2_Streets_Med.jpg
    1717 x 1417 - 2M
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,609
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments. I think I'm going to pass on this. With so many pa's stuff going 50% off right now, I have plenty on my wish list! =-)

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Just to note, Skies of Terra is one of my go-to lighting sets. It's excellent, and allows me to smoothly transition my scenes back and forth to Reality or 3Delight renders, as the variations work very similarly.

I'd never thought to do the shadow-catching thing with it, but that seems to have worked surprisingly well.

-- Morgan