Did DAZ neglect V5's breasts again? (WARNING TOPLESS NUDITY) Professional Modeling Post

HenryChan2HenryChan2 Posts: 0
edited December 2012 in The Commons

Please keep this post mature & professional.

I attached an image that shows how a breast should be modeled on its side.

The question is has V5 been neglected in this category? I know DAZ loves to neglect the important features of women in their models but did they at least do this small part right?

The breast should go into the lower area of the armpit, v4 does not do this simple thing.

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_98/

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Mods will probably delete the image, but I hope they don't... you might consider putting the image up on DA just in case.

I haven't got time to do a screenshot, but the geometries tell me that you might be mistaken. Of course, the joint for the pectoral would act a little differently on larger breasted women, but that would actually require you to paint a weight map onto the breast so they act more naturally after you grow them.

That's the beauty of Genesis! YOU CAN DO THAT!

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

This is just one of the weaknesses of a unimesh figure. Genesis has to be able to be either female or male and that requires some compromising on the mesh topology. It isn't just a problem with large breast either. I have a fondness for strong female characters that often have smaller breast. The small breast never look like small mammary glands sitting on top of the pectoral muscle but more like oddly deformed pecs.