Genesis figures not appearing in Poser 2012

I purchased the V5 bundle with DSON importer. Everything works in DAZ 4.5. The Importer runs when I select a figure from the library in Poser 2012 with no errors, but no figure is visible. I have the SR3 update. I copied all genesis textures from DAZ directory to Poser directory, because at first Poser couldn't find textures for genesis figures. I guess right there I should have known there was a problem..

windows vista 64bit, 8GB ram,

From another thread:
"Where is /Runtime/Geometries/DAZ3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis_05025a83_95dc_980b_e41a_21c335c09f40.obj on your system, assuming it exists at all? Do you have /Data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf sitting inone of the folders you have added to Poser as an external library (not in a subfolder)?"

I don't have either of these files anywhere.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Did you install Genesis Starter Essentials in a location Poser sees as a runtime, or did you add the content folder you use in DS as a Poser runtime?

• edited December 1969

Good question, Essentials_1.6_trx went into DAZ 4.5 folder, EssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc went to the Poser 2012 folder. All of the .cr2's went to the right locations and the .duf; .pmd; .py; and .xmp files are in the same location as the .cr2's. There are no files in the geometries folder like there used to be.

thank you

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Is the DS4.5 content folder listed as an external runtime in PP2012? Are the PoserCF's in the Poser runtime under Documents, or the Poser application folder in Program Files?

• edited December 2012

PoserCF files are all in G:\Poser 2012\runtime\. There are no external runtimes for poser, but the the General preferences-library-launch behavior has "external" selected.

There are also "PoserCF" items in DAZ4.5, and when I start that program it "processes" them.

I've looked, but I don't understand how you know if a runtime library is designated in Poser. I've seen tutorials on setting up an external runtime, but I don't understand how they are found. I don't know if DAZ4.5 is being searched as an external runtime.

EDIT: I completely forgot about the "add libraries button", DAZ4.5 runtime is recognized now, but still won't load figure.

Post edited by rubberducky196950_2b0c23f67b on
  • ScribbleyScribbley Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hi,

You're not alone I'm having the same problem, no figures are appearing (mac, poser pro 2012 latest SR3 build). It seems as though it's doing something then nothing just a blank page too. Plus it's never a fun process downloading all the different files. I installed everything to the default installation paths and added all relevant libraries but nothing... What am I missing here also. ?