Things get crazy then I working with animation! Need some advice and tips!

Alfhak712Alfhak712 Posts: 94
edited December 2012 in New Users

I load up a scene with some buildings and then installed 4 Gesisis figure that I saved earlier! They are ready to use with cloths, hair etc.
I put those figures infront of the building and wanted to use aniblocks so they walked from there start position in diferent direction.
Then I select the first Genisis I could see in the scene that, that figured move away from there I placed him! Then I run the animation to see what happend another figure was moved to another place and also DAZ moved to another camera postion I had in another place in the scene! The 2nd Genises show up there in that place! What ever I tried to do it was not possible to get things as I wanted!

I wonder if the reason for this is, (if I remeber correct), I had use the scene for making a test animation with a camera movements! This might did the crazy things in the scene that I had no control of! I tried to reset the old animation but it never worked so I got it right in the end!

Is it possible to reset things in the scene I did or do I need to build it up again from scratch?
What is the best thing to do if I want to make diferent animation in a scene without rebuild
the scene every time?
Should I build up the scnene and save it and don't do anything with it and then everytime I
want to make a new animation save a new copy with new name?

I hope you understand what I need help with and
Merry Xmas to all helpful people here on the forum!

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by Alfhak712 on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,060
    edited December 1969

I do not use studio much but one thng I know is NEVER use the viewport to move the camera, ALWAYS use the parameter sliders so all transforms and rotations create keyframes.
    Otherwise it will tween from the last parameter change and you may have rotated one axis goe hither or yon whatever but not transformed it in one frame or vice versa in the next so it will spin wildly.
    Another method which I use in Carrara, my program of choice, or in Poser, is to have multiple viewports and move the camera itself in one while viewing the result in another.
    This will create keyframes where needed.
    I personally have never used multiple viewports in Studio so do not know how hard it is, someone ekse migh have suggestions.