Shiny skin

rickfoxxx7@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 186
edited December 1969 in New Users

I use Poser Pro 2012. Where set the shine of the skin? What parameters should I set?

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 2012

Specular_Color, Specular_Value, and Highlight_Size control specular shine.
    Additionally, you can use the Alternate_Specular input with nodes like Glossy, Blinn, phong and Anisotropic.
    Reflection_color and value also can be used with or without the above nodes

A lot depends on what kind of effect you want on the skin and the type of lighting that you are using

Post edited by Medzin on
  • rickfoxxx7@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

Medzin said:
    Specular_Color, Specular_Value, and Highlight_Size control specular shine.
    Additionally, you can use the Alternate_Specular input with nodes like Glossy, Blinn, phong and Anisotropic.
    Reflection_color and value also can be used with or without the above nodes

A lot depends on what kind of effect you want on the skin and the type of lighting that you are using

Oh. Thanks! I have one more question

Is there some way to modify all the body parts in the material zone or I have to do it one by one?

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

First, body parts have a material or materials, they are not in any zone.
    There are a number of ways to apply materials to multiple areas.
    You can pick a material and choose "Apply to all", but this is not good for human figure, since eyes and such have different maps.
    You can use a rule based shader, such as BagginsBills VSS (Versatile skin shader).
    SnarlyGribbly has utility called EZskin which is very useful in making shader network for SSS (SubSurface Scattering).
    There are other shader managers, but these two I use most often.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As was just said, most of the material zones on a figure are not set up the same. You will need to check that you only select the skin textures and as you go check to see if they have different settings. The ones that are the same you can edit at one time the others you will need to edit one by one.