Question on "Augmented Reality Lighting Compilation" by Dimension Theory

BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,369
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The page indicates there there are 4 separate packages in this purchase, and that they are designed for Reality and Daz Studio.
However, when I follow the links, and I read the description for each separate pak, it is stated that 2 of these paks are designed for Carrara.

Could someone please help me untangle this and determine if all 4 paks are actually for Daz Studio or not.

Thanks again.
R

Comments

• DimensionTheoryDimensionTheory Posts: 434
    edited December 2012

Hello,

This particular set is just for use with Reality. The HDRI files used in these presets were made before Reality was released, so this is basically a bundle containing those files and all the presets required for use with Reality (along with some HDR updates).

Post edited by DimensionTheory on
  • BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,369
    edited December 1969

Hello and thanks.
    Does this mean all the pals here can be used with DAZ Studio?

Thanks.
    R

edited December 1969

No, they can't be. Reality functions with presets completely separately from DS, which is why I had to make a separate product. Even though Reality is used inside of DS, the difference in presets is comparable to DS vs Poser.

edited December 1969

So then if they are used for Reality and LUX,
    where exactly are they installed?

I use DS4 with Reality and Lux.
    Can all of these packs be used in that set up? Or are 2 of the paks used with Carrera and Lux as indicated in the text accompanying the item page. I ask this because on the one hand it is indicated all can be used with DS, while at the same time two paks are indicated to be for Carrara.

And if all can be used with Reality and Lux in DS, where are they installed?

Thanks.
    R

edited December 2012

The page doesn't say that it contains the DS or Carrara packs, rather that it contains the HDRIs from those sets, which it does. This set doesn't have anything to do with Carrara or DS (except that Reality is used through DS), it's an adaptation of those sets specific to Reality.

Presets here will be installed to "My Library \ Lights \ DimensionTheory \ AugmentedReality"

Post edited by DimensionTheory on
    edited December 1969

OK.

So I can install all of these paks into D4 to be used by Reality?
    Am I understanding correctly now?

Thanks.
    R

edited December 1969

Yeah, that's how it will work. If you're just using Reality this set doesn't contain anything you won't be able to use, it's 186 different light presets made just for Reality in DS.

edited December 1969

Hi again, DS.

That is really exciting.
    It must be obvious to you that I am not very knowledgeable or experienced, with all my question to you.
    Your packages are thought very highly of, and I was so glad to get this package, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to use it.
    I got it before your sale ended, with the hope I could use it.

This is going to be great to learn with.

Thanks again.
    Randy