Commercial uses

MytilusMytilus Posts: 10
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi everybody,

Is there anybody knows, Raiya's following product is allowed for commercial uses?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sensual-skin-resource-for-v5

Thanks

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 2012

Well, I hate to assume but it says merchant resource which specifically means to me can be used commercially. It's a resource for merchants, and merchants sells tuff. The terms of use, such as if the texture needs to be modified or if their logo has to remain in the texture I can't tell.

Sometimes merchant resources require the user to give credit as well...all the rules aren't listed prior to purchase for this item unfortunately. I've seen on some sites *cough* where all this is spelled out before purchase.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

You'll have to clarify what you mean by "commercial purposes". If you plan to distribute the textures in any form (even modified), then likely not.

• MytilusMytilus Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

I want to use it as just a base for my new character and I'll sell this character. It says merchant resource but not clear about making a commercial caharcter.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 2012

well it says "merchant resource" ...

so using it for your custom character to sell is a given. other restrictions are not clear. like can it be used in freebies etc.

merchant resource has a meaning. you cant be a merchant if you dont sell stuff.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

There is a requirement for a "significant" amount of change before it can be republished (e.g., just adding a beauty mark isn't sufficient, nor would be just doing some color correction / toning) but ultimately that's the point of the product. To allow exactly what you're asking. You can't, obviously, republish it as a new skin resource either. Some have prohibitions against being used in freebies too. I don't own this one so I can't pull up the readme for all the requirements.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Oh and DAZ is (slowly) catching up on getting the ReadMe's online so that this won't be so confusing in the future... Unfortunately this product isn't up there yet.

• MytilusMytilus Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Thank you mates. I will change the texture completely, even I can say I'll use this product to get my textures seamless only. So I guess I can use this one for my new project.. And you're right it is better to see the "read me" before purchase the product. If Daz can provide this option, that would be great..

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

mytilus said:
    If Daz can provide this option, that would be great..
    When or if it happens it will show up here Help > Documentation and Tutorials > Product Readme's http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/start