V5 and Genitalia

orkbluttorkblutt Posts: 0
edited December 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello,

I'm new on the forum and new with DAZ product's.
I downloaded V5 pro bundle. I use Victoria 5 super model + genitalia... I want now to put some clothes on my character. But I have a fit problem on genitalia.

How to fix that?

Thanks!

Image removed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,912
    edited December 1969

Remove the genitals - if they aren't going to be visible they are a waste of memory, and as you've found don't work nicely with some clothing.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

hide the gens if she has clothes on. you may need to unparent them from her body so that you don't get a gap. lol.

But that's probably the easiest way. You may be able to group the gens to the character and have the clothes collide with that new group but I have never tried.

My first suggestion is what I do.

• orkbluttorkblutt Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

Thanks for your answers but I want to keep gens because I want to have the possibilities to use sheer or skinny materials as cloth.
    I looked in the cloth parameters and changed the "fit to Genesis" to "fit to genesis genitalia":
    General>Transforms>Misc>Fit to: Genesis genitalia
    But it did changed anything.

I grouped Genesis + genitalia as suggested by Larsmidnatt but I didn't found the way to manage collisions.

Do you have some tutorial I could use to manage my issue?

EDIT:
    RESOLVED: I use the "Mesh Smoothing" modifier and collide with gens... Working fine!

Post edited by orkblutt on
  • drucdruc Posts: 409
    edited December 1969

As another alternative, you could use the DAZ deform tool and create a morph that alters the clothing slightly. There are many tutorials to teach you how to do this.

• edited December 1969

Make your own morph for Genesis .. then use the Karina prop from ShareCG ....... Use the Wet Skin Shader on that ....looks much better than the She-Gen !! and fits up inside ...

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,408
    edited December 1969

Make your own morph for Genesis .. then use the Karina prop from ShareCG ....... Use the Wet Skin Shader on that ....looks much better than the She-Gen !! and fits up inside ...
    That's pretty much what I did. More accurately, I converted the V4 morphs that come with the prop to Genesis using GenX.