Animate2 - HELP

texjonestexjones Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

here we go again, I just bought the Animate2 ds3. I can't get it to go in. It brings up an error message that it can't find the installation path. I tried it for both D4 and D3? What do I do?? I manually went through the browse and selected the path, both in my Documents files and the Program files. Does this even work with the current Daz 4.5? Or did I blow another $60???

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

texjones said:
    here we go again, I just bought the Animate2 ds3. I can't get it to go in. It brings up an error message that it can't find the installation path. I tried it for both D4 and D3? What do I do?? I manually went through the browse and selected the path, both in my Documents files and the Program files. Does this even work with the current Daz 4.5? Or did I blow another $60???

I am not sure what you mean here? You say you just bought the Animate2 DS3?

When you buy Animate 2, there are three files available in your downloads, Animate 2 for Mac, Animate 2 for Win 32, and Animate 2 for Win 64. Which version of DS4.5 do you have, 32 bit or 64 bit.

It works perfectly with DS 4.5 of course

• texjonestexjones Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I downloaded BOTH the 64 (pc) and 32 (pc). Trying to install, I get the error message that it can't find the path...I've tried it manually for both DS3 and DS4, but get the error. I put back the former version of 4.5 (4.5.0.114) in 32 and 64. When I try the install it brings up the window for DS3. Should I take D3 out for now?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

A sudden lightning bolt has hit me!

You DO NOT install Animate 2 for DS4.5, it is already there, just go to Help > About Installed Plugins, and enter the serial for it there, and all should be well.

Sorry, I am having a bad day.

• texjonestexjones Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

okay, so I bought the serial number. Just like buying the Product Key for Microsoft Office that's already in my computer. So now it's working.