v5 characters not loading

ldc265ldc265 Posts: 0

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\YT Julie.py", line 1, in
import dson.dzdsonimporter
ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

this is the error prompt. WHat am I missing for Poser 9? i have the companion files that should cover the dson conversion.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

What Operating System? Under Vista and Win7 the Program Files hierarchy is unwriteable.

• ldc265ldc265 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Windows XP

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You have installed the DSON importer?

edited December 1969

I am assuming that the loader you speak of was in the companion file. When i bought the characters, it said that the loader was included free so I installed everything that came with the order and I assumed that that was all i needed.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

For a limited time, when it was first released, the DSON importer was free, however now it is a standard store item

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-importer-for-poser

The Young Teens characters do state on the product page that they require the DSON importer.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

the ad given to me stated that the importer was included free with purchase of the characters. i believed that it was. apparently it was not so the issue is how do i get the product included free as advertised?

edited December 1969

I just noticed that I needed to manually add the importer to the cart and i did not do that. I had believed that the files would be included with the character files but I didn't know. Now i have already placed and recieved the order and don't have the files that make this work. How will I now get the importer? I do not wish to pay another 24$ for it as it should be part of the promotion.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Submit a support ticket saying you bought DSON products but didn't know you needed to put the DSON Importer in the cart at the same time.