disable "Where are my Products?" and video stuff etc?

mosjomosjo Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I looked in the documentation, but did not find out how to get rid of those distracting messages taking up the screen. How do I switch them off? Thanks!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Sorry, can you explain which messages you mean exactly ?, and where they are appearing.

• mosjomosjo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just noticed this is a general DAZ forum...
    I am talking about the DS 4.5 messages that all the time pop up within the panes. Like "What do I do" "Watch this and that video". This is for sure good for getting started, but by now it became the only thing I hate about DS. I really want to disable this.

edited December 1969

OK I shall move your thread over to the DS forum, someone should be able to help you there.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

Yes, there's a way of removing them and it involves replacing the resources folder with a new version, which some one posted a while back. Unfortunately, I don't know how you can get to the thread in the old forum. Here's the link. Maybe someone else knows hot to get the page?

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=170046

mac

edited December 1969

You just add archive to the thread title

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=170046

edited December 1969

Thanks, but the file is no longer available via the link given there.
    I find it btw very strange that this feature cannot be disabled. Did you all get used to this?

edited December 1969

I now just removed this folder called guide pages and that removed those annoying questions without giving an error message. So maybe it is sufficient to just delete it.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

Thanks, cholole. I didn't know that.

The person must have removed the file. Sorry about that.

mac