Purchased Item 2 Days Ago At Full Price Now Half Price

williamboswellwilliamboswell Posts: 130
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I couldn't find anything in the help, but there used to be a policy where we could return an item if it went on sale a few days later and get a credit. Is this still valid?

I purchased the "Parkside Head Interior" model at full price ($16.95) two days ago then discovered today it is on sale for $8.48. If I had known it was going on sale so soon, I could have waited and purchased the Parkside Head (Exterior) along with it.

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,885
    edited December 1969

Yep. the 30 day money back guarantee is still good.

Just drop them a support ticket. If you have the funds available, buy it again at the reduced price, and then ask for a refund on the original purchase. I think that's the way they prefer people to go, especially with weekend sales (since they usually don't have anyone in the office over the weekend.)

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

I couldn’t find anything in the help, but there used to be a policy where we could return an item if it went on sale a few days later and get a credit. Is this still valid?

From what I know yes, it should be. You'd better buy the set with new price and ask the full refund (emphasis on Credit Card refund or they'd give you store credit) for the first one. Open a ticked, and it might take several days, especially in this Christmas time.
  • williamboswellwilliamboswell Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

Good idea. I just did it. If I don't hear anything back today I'll have to purchase the one item before it goes off sale. I hate that the product pages no longer list how long an item is on sale so I don't know how long I have until that sale ends.

• edited December 1969

whbos said:
    I hate that the product pages no longer list how long an item is on sale so I don't know how long I have until that sale ends.

I have a pending ticket on two items that continue to be promoted as on sale long after the sales appear to have expired. Both items (one in the FastGrabs and one in the still-advertised PA Weekend Sale) are still listed at a discount and go into your basket at full price. As a marketing ploy (0nce you've decided you want it, you are tempted to go ahead and pay the higher price) it should create some short-term revenue and a lot of long term disinterest in shopping here.
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    From what I know yes, it should be. You'd better buy the set with new price and ask the full refund (emphasis on Credit Card refund or they'd give you store credit) for the first one. Open a ticked, and it might take several days, especially in this Christmas time.

That's probably what I'll do. I don't expect DAZ is working late today being a Friday and so close to Christmas. I think it's better that I just purchase the sale item then get a full credit for the first item like you mentioned.

The only thing is I already sent in a ticket for a credit of the difference for the one item. If it is processed sooner, I'll have to send another ticket in for another credit.

edited December 1969

I noticed in the latest email the sale is for this weekend only so I have time.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

hmm ... normally all one has to do is put in for a "price difference" store credit to the Sales dept. During regular seasons, turn around is normally 2 days or so.

Items in "Fast Grab" are what need to be purchased "to prove you could get it" at that price, then requesting a price credit for the 1st purchase.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,900
    edited December 1969

hmm ... normally all one has to do is put in for a "price difference" store credit to the Sales dept. During regular seasons, turn around is normally 2 days or so.

Items in "Fast Grab" are what need to be purchased "to prove you could get it" at that price, then requesting a price credit for the 1st purchase.

That

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

I always only ask for a difference in price refund. I add to the support ticket screenshots of the items with discount price visible, as a proof that I saw them in store at the discounted price and could have bought them if I wanted. They usualy respond in about 2 days and give me the price difference as store credit.

So there is no need for you to rebuy the items, simply file a support ticket and wait for store credit to appear in your account. And check your order history whether there are not more items that you bought in the past 30 days, which are now discounted.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,064
    edited December 1969

whbos said:
    I couldn't find anything in the help, but there used to be a policy where we could return an item if it went on sale a few days later and get a credit. Is this still valid?

I purchased the "Parkside Head Interior" model at full price ($16.95) two days ago then discovered today it is on sale for $8.48. If I had known it was going on sale so soon, I could have waited and purchased the Parkside Head (Exterior) along with it.

May I make another suggestion? If you are a platinum club member, the price of Parkside Head Interior is 99 cents right now. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/platinum-club-items/parkside-head-interior.
    I think Platinum club is the best bargain at DAZ, especially for people who do not already have a lot of DAZ Original items. You may want to join.
    Capture.JPG
    251 x 355 - 28K