Hard surface Vertex weights

BerBuzBerBuz Posts: 64
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have a hard surface model and would like the Twist and bends not to influence parent node. As long as I can remember on DS3 there was a “bend” parameter to set to false that prevents meshes from deforming, how do I do the same on DS4.5 (either TriAxe or parametric) Following example shows my problem.
Thanks in advance
Bernard

Hex2.jpg
574 x 561 - 44K

Comments

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi...

In DS 4.5...

For Parametric rigging, the Bend toggle is located in the Parameters pane under misc for each bone node...

For TriAx rigging, you set the weights to 100% for each rotation map on each node...

And for General weight rigging, you set the weights to 100% for each node...

Hope this helps... :)

• BerBuzBerBuz Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

niccipb said:

Hope this helps... :)

Hi niccipb,
    Many thanks to you, my problems are solved for parametric, TriAx and General Weights. In my previous tests I did not realize that TriAx figures don’t acts properly while being rigged unless you save and reload them as regular figures.

I wonder how you people succeed to find out how things work in DAZ Studio? Either there is an information source out of my reach or …
    I’m not complaining about DS because it’s an everyday pleasure to work with, but… as one of my illustrious ancestors said “without the right to blame there is no flattering praise” (Translation is from Google, don’t know if it sounds good in in English.) To make it short, in the documentation center more the function is complicate less there is information about it. Forum is a nice place but finding something specific is quite difficult. So I haven’t finished bothering you all with my silly problems.:red:

Regards to all,
    Bernard

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi BerBuz...

I glad to help in any way I can...

As far as knowing how things work in DS... I can only speak for myself of course...

When I started in 3D just two and a half years ago with DS3, a combination of reading everything I could find, tinkering around and just pushing buttons to see what would happen, is how I learned.... I've always been a very curious type, since I could crawl... a deep desire to know how anything works, what it does, and how I can use it... plus I have this knack of just looking at something and knowing how it works ( I blame my two engineer Grandfathers for this ), annoying to some, blessing to others...

It's true that the official documentation for DS is lacking.... but what I love is this community and the willingness of the people here to help each other and share their knowledge... while I haven't asked any questions myself... I have learned alot here...

I like to think of the forums as a community library, someone will either know what you need or know where to find it...

So don't consider your problems silly at all, the greatest wealth of knowledge is the collective knowledge of a community...

Have a wonderful Holiday Season to you and yours...

nicci... :)

• BerBuzBerBuz Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

Hi Nicci,
    Nice to read you,
    Many things in common, except the two grandfathers :) mine was an old blind uncle repairing pendulum watches using my kid eyes. Agree with your thoughts about the community, it is almost always true for communities sharing a passion.
    Best wishes and a wonderful holiday season to you and yours too
    Bernard.