Starter questions: Additions

Winter ThrowbackWinter Throwback Posts: 26
edited December 1969 in New Users

I started into Daz3D a while ago, put it down, got caught up working elsewhere, now I'm back and trying to put things together. I've managed a few bits of learning here and there, even made my first semi-successful picture. Now I ordered some packs from Renderosity, Daz3D, and picked up some freebies from ShareCG.

Now comes the fun part of trying to figure out where to put them. I have stuff scattered around within DAZ, POSER, and my docs/pieces as well as other places. I know these items can be moved from sub folder to sub folder, I'm not worried about taht yet, I have $100 in new toys I want to add to the DAZ system so I can play with them and I'm mostly concerned with unzipping things that don't have a magical auto run that puts them into DAZ.

Can someone explain/point me to the answer of how I take "Kick ass dual wield" pistols and put it into a generic library within DAZ?

Next: I got one pose in there before I went AWOL and dropped DAZ a few months ago. I've been able to get POSES into DAZ but not costumes, clothes, and barking dogs. My problem is, that pose, for w/e reason always appears WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY off in the Sky, not even on the ground. I then have to run the camera all the way over to it and the camera doesn't turn well, so I can't "circle" the character and chk angles etc. Is there a way to "lock" a character to some starter point (like the starter point it appears in originally) or recall the character, still in the pose, but now at the starter point?

Finall, Camera. I hate the DAZ camera. It's driving me crazy. I just want to lock it to the starter point, back up on a "tether" a few feet and circle the point to chk angles. That's got to be doable, right? How do I do that?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Can someone explain/point me to the answer of how I take “Kick ass dual wield” pistols and put it into a generic library within DAZ?

Can you give a link to this item, or at least explain what the file contains (Poser or DS content)

ALL content for DS4.5 goes into the My Library folder, that includes Poser Content and DAZ Studio Content. My installation path for the My library folder is as follows : C:\Users\\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

You don't say what Operating System you are using, or what version of DAZ Studio. That information can often be vital in trying to help you. To find the version number of DS4, go to Help > About DAZ Studio, and you will see the exact version number, the current one for DS4.5 is 4.5.1.6

Finall, Camera. I hate the DAZ camera. It’s driving me crazy. I just want to lock it to the starter point, back up on a “tether” a few feet and circle the point to chk angles. That’s got to be doable, right? How do I do that?

You can use the Create menu to load as many cameras as you want in a Scene, and then keep one of them where you want it (rename it to Posing Cam or similar), and use another Camera to set up your scene (Scene Cam?). There is a lot to learn about DAZ Studio, but there are many tutorials on YouTube, and even some free ones from Dreamlight in the Store at the moment. They will show you how to set up a scene and move the camera around using the camera controls.

• Winter ThrowbackWinter Throwback Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Can someone explain/point me to the answer of how I take “Kick ass dual wield” pistols and put it into a generic library within DAZ?

Can you give a link to this item, or at least explain what the file contains (Poser or DS content)

ALL content for DS4.5 goes into the My Library folder, that includes Poser Content and DAZ Studio Content. My installation path for the My library folder is as follows : C:\Users\\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

You don't say what Operating System you are using, or what version of DAZ Studio. That information can often be vital in trying to help you. To find the version number of DS4, go to Help > About DAZ Studio, and you will see the exact version number, the current one for DS4.5 is 4.5.1.6

Finall, Camera. I hate the DAZ camera. It’s driving me crazy. I just want to lock it to the starter point, back up on a “tether” a few feet and circle the point to chk angles. That’s got to be doable, right? How do I do that?

You can use the Create menu to load as many cameras as you want in a Scene, and then keep one of them where you want it (rename it to Posing Cam or similar), and use another Camera to set up your scene (Scene Cam?). There is a lot to learn about DAZ Studio, but there are many tutorials on YouTube, and even some free ones from Dreamlight in the Store at the moment. They will show you how to set up a scene and move the camera around using the camera controls.

Daz # 4.0.3.47
    Think Windows 7, can't find an exact decimal

A couple of examples from ShareCG:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/53946/browse/11/Poser/(Fixed)-Scorpion-Chain
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/64553/related/11/Poser/Tyrannopendra-for-DAZ-Poser

Example from Renderosity: My favorite fighting game girl of all time:
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/asc-08-succubus/88783

Do you have any links I can follow to useful tid bits, I'm currently searching through my own Daz system, my DL folders, the forums, YouTube, it get's hard to keep track of 6 different spaghetti threads in 6 different plates.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 2012

The first one you listed at ShareCG, Scorpion Chain, you just drop the Runtime folder in the zip into the My Library folder. There is already a Runtime folder in there, and if you are on a PC, it should merge with no problems. Scotpion Chain.txt should be fropped into the ReadMe's folder also inside the My Library folder.

Have a look at these items for free at the moment from Dreamlight, from the DAZ Store here, any of the ones that are $0.00, are free (of course), just add them to your cart and checkout in the usual way, it wont cost anything.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/index/?limit=60&p=2&q=dreamlight&x=0&y=0

The ones near the bottom of that page.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on