Texture manipulation by image editing

WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I succeeded in changing little aspects of the body texture and bump with an image editing program and replaced the original jpg-file. When I open the character its skin looks normal as ever. But as a german beginner I don't know how to import and place my own texture. Where in the menu do I find the option to choose the new texture?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You need to go to the Surfaces pane, and put the main texture in the Diffuse channel as shown below. Select the area to apply it to first in the Surfaces pane, then load the image. Do the same for the Bump map.

Untitled-1.jpg
    666 x 810 - 280K
  • WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much, JimmyC. I'm doing by trial and error. I don't know if it's the right way to import the skin but I'm having first progress by importing the manipulated texture of the whole body to "Diffuse Color" (don't know what it's for) and then I have to push the skin part by part until it fits. Lot of work ahead - but I can already see that it is worth it! In early days I had a lot of fun by manipulating the SIMS this way.
    Have a magic X-Mas, dear Jimmy!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I will do my best regarding the Christmas thing, and best wishes to you too Wolpi.