Can I migrate my content to a new PC wothout reinstalling a few hundred packages?

Well, a few hundred might be an exageratiion but not by much...

I've just got a shiny new powerful PC, and I am really looking forward to working with it. But it will be a slow awkward process to reinstall all my content one package at a time.

My Daz studio pro can go in with the same licence ID, so that should not be an issue.

Is there a way I can migrate my content library over in one go?

Thanks,
Nick

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Of course, just copy over the main Studio folder from your Documents folder.

The My Library folder now contains the 'data' folder which is required for loading saved scene files, make sure you copy it over along with the rest. If you have any DS3 content folders, you can do the same thing with them too, no need to reinstall content. Just make sure that you point DS4 to the new folder location(s).

• Starbase 1 - NickStarbase 1 - Nick Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

That's good news!
    Thank you!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

The only major gotcha to watch for is that, in general, while content can simply be copied across, plugins will need to be re-installed individually on the new machine.

And remember to make sure whichever folder has your live /data/ location is at the top of the list in Preferences on your new machine. That way, new /data/ files will continue to be saved to the same folders.

• Starbase 1 - NickStarbase 1 - Nick Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

A few plugins I can live with - a few hundred install files, no way!

Thanks for the tip.
    Nick

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Do not Forget your CMS Database if you use Smart Content.