character interaction

info a324info a324 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello everyone
I'm new to DAZ and so far I only did stills with Cinema 4D so please forgive me if I'm not familiar with the right lingo.
I just downloaded DAZ 4.5
I'm trying to figure out how I can have to characters interact withouth colisions. the pinning or connecting parts to the other character gives very strange results. I'm trying to visualize manual therapy moves for a text book. The moves are simple but the problem is the colisions of the two characters. As an example how to place an open hand on the back of the second character... or wrap the hand arround an arm without having the collision happening.
Any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,912
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately the tools for this are still very limited in DAZ Studio - there's no way to pin part of one figure to another, or to an object, and although there is collision detection it doesn't work in a way that helps here. I'm afraid it's down to manual posing to keep everything where it needs to be.

• info a324info a324 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

hmm... I was afraid of something like that... so far everything works really great and the morphing of the muscles was also quite promissing. on the other hand... since I don't plan on animating... at least initialy, it might be still somewhat managable to pose the characters manualy. is there some other software that you might recomend for this sort of work? love DAZ so far and I'm very pleased with it.
    Thanks for your help and the fast responce.
    Alekos

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,900
    edited December 1969

You will always have mesh collision. What DS does not have is softbody collision so in order to fake that you need a bit of mesh collision. To properly pose a 3D human figure, it is helpful to know/understand how a human body moves. When it comes to moving the human figures in the viewport/scene, I find its easiest to just use the node selection tool and the rotation dials on the parameters tab.

• info a324info a324 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

yes I have bin fidling around with it the past hours and it is quite a challenge to get everything in the exact desired pose. never the less... I am in the somewhat fortunate position to have photographic material of the poses that I want the characters to simulate. Since the most important part will be to show through other graphic techniques like arrows, layering and digital image processing the effect of a specific massage stroke it might be sufficient to get a somewhat accurate pose for each character even if some amount of collision might occure.
    it will be a work in progress project but I have to admit that I am enjoying this quite a bit ;-)
    Of course it would be even more brilliant to have an accurate morphing of the structures that get in contact with each other. Compression and distortion of muscle tissue. Ribcage alterations and stuff like that, but I can imagen that it needs a somewhat more soffisticated solution. As a newbie I am allready thrilled what DAZ can do but its obvious that it will not be an easy task to acomplish.
    If anyone has ideas to share... I am allways happy to know.
    Thanks so far

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

info said:
    hmm... I was afraid of something like that... so far everything works really great and the morphing of the muscles was also quite promissing. on the other hand... since I don't plan on animating... at least initialy, it might be still somewhat managable to pose the characters manualy. is there some other software that you might recomend for this sort of work? love DAZ so far and I'm very pleased with it.
    Thanks for your help and the fast responce.
    Alekos

Try Blender with Blenrig
    search for Blenrig tutorials.
    some info here
    http://lesterbanks.com/2011/05/blenrig-4-auto-rigging-skinning-for-blender-3d/

Post edited by creativemodelsbe on