tiling textures in daz studio 4.5

gibrril_fa945a6ceegibrril_fa945a6cee Posts: 540
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi,

I was wondering: is there a way to increase the numbe of repeats of a tilable texture on an object in daz studio 4.5?

I remember importing a plane into daz studio 3 and applying a tilable sand texture to it. Using the surfaces tab I increased the number of texture repats in both the x and y axis untill the resolution was ok, but I can't find that function in the surfaces tab of daz studio 4.5

In daz studio 3 it can be found under the advanced section of the surfaces tab and it's called "tiling" Where can this be found in daz studio 4.5?
Thanks a lot,

Me

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Assuming you're using the default shader ("DAZ Studio Default") it's listed as shown in the image below.

Capture.PNG
    399 x 309 - 15K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

gibrril said:
    In daz studio 3 it can be found under the advanced section of the surfaces tab and it's called "tiling" Where can this be found in daz studio 4.5?

It's in exactly the same place as far as I can see. Note that if you're showing the complete surfaces parameter list instead of just the "Tiling" subhead, I have sometimes seen the list come up back-to-front, with the tiling settings near the bottom instead of near the top.

I've also seen the tiling and other new-in-DS4 parameters just plain not show up in the Surfaces list if I've loaded something saved in D|S3 or earlier, but I can't think how this could be your problem. Try re-applying the dzDefault shader (you'll find it in the "Shader Presets" folder) and see if that helps.

• gibrril_fa945a6ceegibrril_fa945a6cee Posts: 540
    edited December 1969

Hi all,
    Thanks for the quick replies!
    It was the default shader that did it.... I forgot to apply it, hence the tiling section was missing... Thanks a thousand!