Getting CloudFlare when going to Daz home page.

CrizzushCrizzush Posts: 21

On my home network, I am getting a CloudFlare cached version on the webpage (which is mostly unusable). On my neighbor's network (different ISP) I can get to the page normally (as I am posting now :) ).

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Oh and I did hit the link "Retry for a live version several times" with no success.

Post edited by Crizzush on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Ask your ISP...it sure sounds like the problem is on their end.

The behavior you are experiencing sure sounds like routing or DNS problems on your ISP's end.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Yes, so did I yesterday, nothing worked, I thought I was on the planet ZOG., never heard of CloudFare before.!

Thank goodness it is back to normal for me now. I thought it may have something to do with Christmas Booze, but it worked this morning no probs, best wishes

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Log Compleatly out of your Provider, (if you can, might mean a reboot), or reset your Router to swap ISP's. One or the other Should help. CloudFlare is blocking some ISP's. I'm on a Dynamic Provider so a Reboot swaps my ISP to a new Server and that fixes the errors for me.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

As Jade says.

I have a brand new router to couple up to my system, but am refusing to change over at the moment because it has no reset button. The current one has a reset button, so easier to reset byt just using a button than having to turn the router off or pull out the pwoer cord to reset it.

• CrizzushCrizzush Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

It's back to normal for me this morning as well.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    As Jade says.

I have a brand new router to couple up to my system, but am refusing to change over at the moment because it has no reset button. The current one has a reset button, so easier to reset byt just using a button than having to turn the router off or pull out the pwoer cord to reset it.

I've never seen a router that doesn't have a reset button...

That said, I've seen some that are really good at hiding it, though. Some have it 'inside' with access to it through a little hole that you need to use something like a straightened out paperclip to press it with. Personally, if it didn't have one, even if it was only accessible through a hole, I'd send it back...and let the manufacturer know why it was being returned.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

They say to plug the power cord out. LOL. It was free with my Broadband renewal, so I don't think they will refund the money. I use one of those so called "everlasting" pencils, like a disposable propelling pencil, to reset the one I am using. just turn the Lead up a bit longer than normal, works a treat, and is always on my desk.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    They say to plug the power cord out. LOL. It was free with my Broadband renewal, so I don't think they will refund the money.

Cost savings measures?

What a cheap piece of junk that thing sounds like...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,468
    edited December 1969

The original BT routers didn't have any switches, other than something for a factory reset as far as I recall. The later, but less stable, models do have buttons - though mine rarely goes long without performing its own button-less reset.

edited December 1969

And here is Jennifer, with the proper tool to reset your BT router...

jennifer.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 298K