Fitting a jacket

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

How to fit an jacket to a genissis figure if i dont wana use autofit option.
If i parent my jacket to genisis figure and if i move genisis figure hand the jacket hand doesnt move how to fix this
I have made jacket parent to genisis chest

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

If you don't want to Fit the jacket to Genesis, you'll need to copy the transforms from each bone of Genesis to the corresponding bone in the jacket. Is this a jacket made for Genesis or an earlier figure?

• edited December 1969

Jacket is not made for genisis. Can you tell me how to transform

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

In the Parameter or Posing tab, select each bone on Genesis and copy (Ctrl-C or Edit > Copy), then select the corresponding bone on the jacket and paste (Ctrl-V or Edit>Paste). Is there a reason you don't want to fit the jacket to Genesis?

• edited December 2012

Yes because this happens with autofit

han.jpg
    1138 x 761 - 113K
    Post edited by witcherask_a3dd58a1c6 on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

Who was the jacket designed for ? if it wasn't Victoria4, Michael4 or Kids4 or any of the Generation 3 figures then you have problems.

• edited December 1969

I just imported jacket from maya

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,920
    edited December 1969

Then you can't be using AutoFit as that requires a rigged figure in Poser or DS format. Do you mean you are using the Transfer utility? If so the mesh needs to fit Genesis - ideally the base shape, though there is a way to use mesh that fits a morph.

• edited December 1969

Can you tell me the way how to do it

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,408
    edited December 1969

Can you tell me the way how to do it
    export a base Genesis figure as an object to your modeling program (such as using the bridge to Hexagon) and put your coat on the figure in your modeling program, then adjust it's size and proportions to fit the Genesis figure, fixing any poke-through and such, save it as an object file, and reimport the jacket's new object file into Daz on a Genesis figure, then use the Transfer Utility to rig the outfit.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,920
    edited December 1969

or if the problem is mainly stuff like the sleeves not aligning with the arms use DForms in DAZ Studio to line the mesh up with the zeroed Genesis, export as OBJ, reimport, and use the Transfer Utility.