Can't install Base Young Teens 5 Justin and Julie on my PC

BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 249
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I just bought Base Young Teens 5 Justin and Julie and now I I'm having trouble installing them. When I run the installer, the first thing I noticed is it says "Welcome to the Young Teens 5 Julie (or Justin) PoserCF setup program". I clicked on Customize Installation and next, it goes straight to "Additional Installation Options". I also purchased True Love for Young Teens, and it installed properly. What am I doing wrong? I'm not trying to install the DSON one or the Mac one either. Did I purchase the wrong thing?

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,900
    edited December 1969

THe PoserCF installer is not the same as the DSON installer.

Make sure you download the DSON installer for your PC

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 249
    edited December 2012

You know, I always forget to include some crucial information whenever I create a thread asking for some help, and this time is no exception. What I forgot to to say is I'm trying to install Justin and Julie to DAZ Studio 4.5. Sorry for that :red:

Edit: OK, I thought that the DSON one was only for Poser, I guess I was wrong.

Post edited by Boorsman on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,900
    edited December 1969

The DSON is the DS45 installer. They changed the name so they could seperate old form new and help poser users know what files to grab too.

• edited December 1969

What helps me remember is the PCF part: Poser Companion Files. So those ones are for if you need the poser bits and pieces, and is just the companion for the other (DSON) base file / Daz|Studio file.

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687
    edited December 1969

cecil30 said:
    I just bought Base Young Teens 5 Justin and Julie and now I I'm having trouble installing them. When I run the installer, the first thing I noticed is it says "Welcome to the Young Teens 5 Julie (or Justin) PoserCF setup program". I clicked on Customize Installation and next, it goes straight to "Additional Installation Options". I also purchased True Love for Young Teens, and it installed properly. What am I doing wrong? I'm not trying to install the DSON one or the Mac one either. Did I purchase the wrong thing?

I'd say that you're not doing anything wrong - there seems to be a problem with the installer. It looks like something was changed just before the holidays so now the installer is broken. This seems to be the case on both Mac and PC. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it until the DAz offices reopen.

A few other people have had the same problem:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13842/

• monkeycloudmonkeycloud Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Poser Companion files installer is definitely not working at present... for the Poser DSON Importer.

But the DSON Core Installer, which is all DS4.5 needs, is okay... as far as I know. I had no problems with that.

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Thank you, everyone. I got it all installed using the DSON ones. I'll look back at this thread if I forget any of this.